±Recent Visitors

Recent Visitors to Com-Central!
Kokutai 251 Looking for a Few Good Men
A public forum for the Kokutai 251!
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Kokutai 251 Public Forum!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
251_Akira_IJN
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:13 am
Post subject: Kokutai 251 Looking for a Few Good Men

Do you like flying highly manuverable, under armored aircraft? Mr. Green

If so the 251st is the squad for you. We are a fighter/bomber squad that does it's operations in the Pacific Theater, and we are looking for a few pilots to fill the ranks.

For those of you who don't know us, we have been around for along time. We cut our teeth in CFS1, moved to CFS2 and changed our names to Tainan Kokutai, tried CFS3 and IL-2 FB in the guise of an allied squad (The Debden Gangsters). We now fly IL-2/AE/PF and have come full circle back to where we started as a squad.

We would like to get about 5 more pilots on board. If your not in a squad, or in a squad thats going nowhere, you might want to consider flying for the Japanese Naval Airforce. Mr. Green

We have a full dedicated server for both PF and Ventrilo. We prefer a good attitude over ability. We also prefer that our pilots be over the age of 18 years old. Being a mission builder is also a big plus since we are always looking for new missions for our server.

If you fit these requirements then we'd love to have you be apart of Kokutai 251. Smile

Rabaul, New Britian
{92}Warhawk
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:42 am
Post subject: Re: Kokutai 251 Looking for a Few Good Men

hey akira, if I find somone good in another server, i'll try to send him your way... hope you can find some good people!

Power User

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:55 am

S! Akira and the Kokutai 251st.

It's been a long time since I have seen you guys or even flew a sim. I'm sure you remember me from the 204th (joined it in the Blackdog days) and then I formed the 77th.

Anyway, I have been thinking of flying again and was wondering what you think of the Pacific theater of Il-2. Is it a good sim? I have the original Il-2 sim, collecting a little dust on the shelf. Do I need the buy all the Il-2 add-ons or just the Pacific Theater one?

If I do decide to fly again, I would like to join your squad, if you would have me. I will most certainly be rusty and need a lot of practice to get into competition form once again.
251_Akira_IJN
Power User

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 2:35 pm

S! Conan,

It has been a long time seen we have crossed paths. Mr. Green

We have been flying Pacific Fighters since it came out. It's not perfect but it is by far the best Pacific Sim that we have ever had. Hopefully it will get better with patches and add ons.

We fly the Forgotten Battles, Aces Expansion , Pacific Fighters version of the sim. It is basically the only option for online flying in Hyper Lobby. I think you would enjoy the sim overall.

If you do decide to start flying again, look us up, we are always looking for pilots, especially ones that are from the CFS era. We are kind of taking a hiatus do to Summer's conflicting interests, read, painting house, mowing lawn, fixing cars, etc.. Mr. Green But we still fly a bit when time permits, and we will be back going full steam this fall. Smile

Rabaul, New Britian
Saito

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:55 pm

S! Samurai of the 251st!

S! Akira. Its been a long, long time. I can't believe you guys are still at it! That's really awesome to see you guys keeping it going after all these years.

Its been years since I've flown. I put my Zero into storage after limping it home during a lone run with a squadron of 2 dozen Corsairs. Knocking half of them down left me low on both ammo and fuel. There were just too many. It left my Zero badly damaged and I lost an eye during the battle. (ok, I didn't really lose an eye. I stole that story from Saburo Sakai)

My old computer was a wreck. I got a new one recently and loaded CFS into it after getting an itch to fly again. Flying that old Zero again felt good. But nowdays the Zone is empty and looks like a graveyard. The few pilots that fly there are good though, either that or I'm a lot rustier than I thought. I picked up Pacific Fighters a few months ago and it seems a lot harder than CFS but I really haven't given it much time.

I came across the 251st site after looking for some downloads, etc. and the site looks great! Its nice to see some old familiar names still around like Senyu, Shogo, Tadashii, etc. And my old flying buddy Tashiro who was one of the most deadly fighter pilots to ever fly a Zero. Those names bring back some good memories of fun times. Is Katana still around or any of the other guys?

S! Samurai and take care. *bowing*

Tom (Saito)
251_Senyu_IJN
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:57 pm

Saito san,

Man it sure is good to hear from you again. I hope you can get that PF up and going and join us for a flight sometime! We fly on Hyperlobby, it's like the zone in a way but much better. I dont have the link to it but if you do a search you'll find it. It si by far much better than cfs2, more realistic.

Again very good to hear from ya again, look us up on MSM messenger.

Senyu

Rabaul, New Britain

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Mark\My Documents\My Received Files\My Pictures\Marks\NMRAFL06JA9460.jpg[IMG]
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Photo Gallery
251_Akira_IJN
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:10 am

Hey Saito,

It's been a very long time. I didn't think we'd ever hear from you again. Glad to see you back in the frey. We as a group have stayed together as friends more so then because of the flying. Of course the flying (when we do it) is still loads of fun. Summer time is too busy for most of us to fit squad stuff in, so we decided to put things on hold until fall.

We fly the merged Forgotten Battles, Ace Expansion, and Pacific Fighters game. It does seem more difficult at 1st, but after some flying with it you get used to how the planes feel.

In the world of reality, are you still at Auschmax? I suffered a pretty horrific repetative motion injury while at Tinely park which required 5 surgeries and 3 years off work to correct and left me unable to wrench ever again (no great loss there). I ended up going back to school full time.

If Mervis is still there tell him I said to go F-off and die. Mr. Green

Rabaul, New Britian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:40 pm

Well after flying PF for a minimal amount of time, it left me frustrated as I went running back to CFS with my tail between my legs. CFS seems much more like a video game than PF.

Like I said, these days the Zone is dead and nothing more than a wasteland for an old game like CFS. The first day back I flew there I got accused of flying a mod in a stock Hawker. And this is after not flying for years. Now I mostly just fly offline just to get my fix.

I heard about your carpel tunnel several years back. Man that is aweful you had to go through that many surgeries. How is it feeling now? Any better? That's good you're able to go back to school while your still young. What are you taking up or looking to get into?

Things at Auschmax have never been worse. I can't believe I'm still there and its my goal to be out of there by the end of this year. You would not believe the crap that continues to go on there. Its unreal. Its like some crazy ass bizzaro world bad dream. So many guys have come and gone they should put a revolving door on the shop. The good news is they shipped Mervis of to the Schaumburg store after HR got tired of listening to all the complaints they were getting about him. Bad new is now we have that little weasel Capareli now. He just might be the most shady piece of garbage I've ever met.

I've been working on the overnight crew for a few years now and its horrible but easier to make money than on days. I'm only there about 4 or 5 hours a night because we run out of work on a daily basis. They keep hiring more and more guys and there's not enough work to go around. I'm not complaining because I get to go home early every night and still make out ok on hours. It around 2:30 am right now and I've been home for around 2 hours already. I don't think I've worked a 40 hour week in 1 1/2 years now. I average maybe 20-30 hours a week. The nights suck but its better than being on days. They have everyone packed in there like sardines. On days they get 1 bay apiece.

I need to get out of there soon. When I leave I'm never going to work on another car again.

Ok, I'm to to fly a bit now. I had to buy a new flight stick because the old stick had a game port connector and my new computer only has USB connecters??
Shades
Forum Tree-Rat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:00 pm

I sympathise, I still prefer CFS1 to all the others.
Unfortunately, CFS in the Zone has had so many cheats of one type or another, it now has a plague of people who can't fly particularly well, get beat and then call "cheat" (one or two in particular) which does nothing for them or the game.
Although other games have more variety and realism, and better graphics, CFS still pushes all my buttons for fun skillful dogfights, but I have to lock my rooms to keep all the 'twits' out these days.

I only fly folks under certain criteria;
They're happy to fly stock games,
They communicate politely in main chat (or not at all),
They sound as if they would be fun to fly with / against,
I am satisfied they are unlikely to cheat.
If someone does cheat, I don't shout about it, I just don't fly the sob's again. Cool

This does make my game somewhat restrictive, and it's still not 100% effective, but I'd rather fly 1 good game and pass on 9 bad ones.

I fly dogfights and prefer 1-vs-1. If you'd still like to give it a go, I fly a Hawk too. Always happy to entertain honest flyers.

EURO_VMShades
(aka. DrRedSkwirrell, Grizzly_Bare1, and a few others but most know me. Just ask for "Shades".)

Com-Central's cutest, fluffiest, twitchiest, tail.
CPU > Intel i7-4790k (4.0GHz); COOLING > CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO (2x120mm);
MOBO > Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5; RAM > 4x8Gb Corsair 'Vengeance' DDR3 1866MHz;
GPU > Gigabyte GEFORCE GTX650Ti PCI-e 3.0 2Gb GDDR5; AUDIO > Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music;
LCD > Viewsonic VA2226w (1680x1050); PSU > OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w (modular);
CASE > CoolerMaster "Storm Scout"; OS > Windows 7 Home Prem (64-bit).
251_Akira_IJN
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:31 am

LOL I worked with Caparelli in Tinley Park. He is a snake, but I still prefered him over the Dark Lord Mervis. Mr. Green

My problems went far beyond Carpal Tunnel unfortunatly. After my doctor here performed 3 surgeries on me here that only made things worse, I ended up going out to Denver and having 2 MAJOR surgieries in my chest to repair the nerves and artieries that go to my arms. It was a total nightmare. I wish it had only been Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Rolling Eyes Wrenching was such a good career choice. LMFAO Laughing

Sounds like Auschmax is as fun as ever. Rolling Eyes Hey, drop me an email: stage1.gs @ gmail.com

Maybe you me and Danno can hook up for a beer or three and catch up.

As far as flight sticks go I am pretty sure they are all plug and play USB now. Most of us use the Saitek HOTAS which is a 2 piece unit that gives you a throttle quadrent and a flight stick. It is nice because it has so many buttons between the 2 sticks that you hardly ever need to use the keyboard.

Keep trying Pacific Fighters, the flight model isn't much more difficult then CFS2 was, and the beauty of PF is that it is basically impossible to cheat.

Rabaul, New Britian
251_Nata_IJN
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:02 pm

Hey Saito, wow like Mike said, never thought we would hear from u again, man back in the cfs days you and Akira were my mentors, still cant believe all the info u sent me one day when i couldnt figure out something, dam if i can remember what, but i got three pages full. Anyway sure glad to see that your still around, and the old Zero is still around too. Dam well hope u can make it around this fall when all the guys come back from being AWOL. Salute and bows Nata " Akira still has the key to the Saki cabinet" Mr. Green

Rabual, New Britain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:26 pm

SALUTE MY BRETHERN !
"""""BOHICA""""""""

I was just talking about Saito San not too long ago. I remembered Saito Entering a Room with 7 F4U-1A's and mopping the deck with the lot of them with an old A6M2-21 with three Burnt Cylinders and a missing Cowling. They pissed and moaned about getting beat badly by a lone Zeke !

Who's the Recruiter now. He needs to Drag Saito San in Here and get Him Fitted For a Uniform and an A6M5c.

SALUTE ! **BOWS LOW**

Takeuchi Shogo
251st Kokutai
Imperial Japanese Naval Air Force
Rabaul, New Britain
Saito

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:12 pm

Akira, check your e-mail. I just sent you one.

I saw that Saitek stick you mentioned. I almost bought that one but got the Logitech Extreme3D Pro instead. Its not too bad and has a total of 12 buttons. I think the old Microsoft sidewinder had like maybe half that amount. The Logitech has a nice heavy base and rubber feet that really keep it in place.

The thing I find odd with Pacific Fighters is I get completly disoriented when looking around using the hatswitch, I struggle to get back to center view after moving it around. And forget about using the "padlock enemy" view, its even more confusing to me.

What view do you guys fly in? For me I prefer the "no cockpit view".

Unless I hit a wrong button by mistake it seems like the engine will sometimes kill on a steep climb and will not re-start.

There are times in a stall the plane will spin out of control until it crashes and I've never been able to regain control. Is this normal and have you guys been able to regain control after spinning out?

Visually, PF looks much better than CFS so that part of it is nice. My favorite thing is to shoot the parachuters after they bailout from their burning plane. Sick right? Mr. Green

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:21 pm

- 251_Nata_IJN
Hey Saito, wow like Mike said, never thought we would hear from u again, man back in the cfs days you and Akira were my mentors, still cant believe all the info u sent me one day when i couldnt figure out something, dam if i can remember what, but i got three pages full. Anyway sure glad to see that your still around, and the old Zero is still around too. Dam well hope u can make it around this fall when all the guys come back from being AWOL. Salute and bows Nata " Akira still has the key to the Saki cabinet" Mr. Green

S! Nata

Much like Darth Vader said, "last time we met you were the apprentice. Now you are the master". It went something like that didn't it? Mr. Green

Anyways, I don't even remember how to download and install planes. How pathetic am I? Crying or Very sad

Saito
Saito

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:32 pm

- Anonymous
SALUTE MY BRETHERN !
"""""BOHICA""""""""

I was just talking about Saito San not too long ago. I remembered Saito Entering a Room with 7 F4U-1A's and mopping the deck with the lot of them with an old A6M2-21 with three Burnt Cylinders and a missing Cowling. They pissed and moaned about getting beat badly by a lone Zeke !

Who's the Recruiter now. He needs to Drag Saito San in Here and get Him Fitted For a Uniform and an A6M5c.

SALUTE ! **BOWS LOW**

Takeuchi Shogo
251st Kokutai
Imperial Japanese Naval Air Force
Rabaul, New Britain

The old uniform doesn't fit that's for sure. I have gotten quite fat and lazy after living the past few years like a round eye. The culture of the western civilization has a weakening effect on the body and soul and must be brought down from power. Only then can the power of the rising sun and the spirit of the samurai reign supreme once again!
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Kokutai 251 Public Forum!
Page 1 of 2