77: Community Forums
78: Photo Gallery
79: Community Forums
80: Community Forums
81: Community Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
October 9th Sunday flight :: Archived
Come join us each Sunday as we fly around the world exploring new and unusual scenery. We combine some great planes and flight plans with second to none pilots who'll always take the time to teach new comers! All are welcome!
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic    Revive this topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Com-Central's Sunday Flights

Topic Archived View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uhu_Rodion
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:56 am
Post subject: October 9th Sunday flight

Back on our steps, this Sunday we go taking relaxing time at our own CC base immersed into the woods and wildlife: Tipella, small enough to not to be marked on an atlas, is big enough to get some fun, and full of nice surprises... if you get our scenery available into the download section under the name "FS2004 Com Central Wilderness Camp" here:
-> www.com-central.net/in...amp;cid=46

Useless to say, without this scenery, you'll be not allowed to take part into the amusing activities we're scheduling for the circumstance Mr. Green

As you'll see, the flight plan is really basic, and a short hop indeed: the intended purpose of the meeting is just to gather at CBB7 and unleash our instincts... Wink

#42 CYXS – Prince George (Canada) -> CBB7 – Tipella (Canada)
Overall distance: 250,0 nm.
Estimated time: 0:48 h.

CYXS
YWL (Williams Lake) - VOR 113,60 MHz - no NDB - HDG 145° - leg 100,5 nm.
CBB7 - no VOR - no NDB - HDG 157° - leg 149,5 nm.
elevation: 55 ft.
runways:
11 – gravel – 2.300 ft. – no ILS
29 – gravel – 2.300 ft. – no ILS

Aircraft: Howard 500
Cruise speed: 260 KIAS
Cruise altitude: 13.000 ft.
Weather: real
Time: 07:30 local - 15:30 GMT

The package including flight plan, bigger map and text file with navigation data can be downloaded here:
-> 216.176.86.154/marco/f...CC_042.zip

Marco
Uhu_Fledermaus
Aircraft Demolition Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:36 am
Post subject: Re: October 9th Sunday flight

Laughing

I think this time I'll fly in well in advance of the gang or..................................... take a raincheck................................. Laughing

Also I asked the locals to light some fires on every mountain top surrounding the field, maybe helps to find it Laughing

Also all are adviced to carry along a spare parachute and a dingy...........you'll never know when it comes handy ........... Laughing

And maybe our friends from Anomaly Airways can show us the way .......... Laughing

Or we just follow the scent of ............................ Laughing

Looks like a eventfull flight coming sunday............... Laughing

Laughing
RCAF_Wingnut
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:06 am

Laughing Thats ok, I know where it is, and I can lead you all there, one way or another. A parachute is definately a good idea. Twisted Evil It's a small field, but I have confidence that you will all make it safely. Be sure to fly during the day time though, as the runway doesn't have night lighting. The nights are reserved for partying. No noisy planes taking off and landing to disturb the peace. I'll talk to Ascout about having a stock of his special brew on hand for the fly in.

Uhu_Rodion
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:54 pm

I checked the time so to get there when the place is properly illuminated, though keeping the sun low enough to have long shadows: this helps to get better impression of depth into photographs Wink

Time of departure is 07:30 - duration of flight some 50 minutes: once there, we have all the day to get crazy Mr. Green

Marco
Uhu_Fledermaus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:41 pm

Shocked
Time of departure is 07:30 - duration of flight some 50 minutes: once there, we have all the day to get crazy

we have all the day to get crazy and I tought we allready where at that stage..................................maybe we can use the day to get our wits back

fled
Rolling Eyes
Uhu_Rodion
Janitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:59 pm

ROTFL!
Laughing
Never set limits when human beings are involved Mr. Green
Wink
Marco
JG300-Ascout
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:13 am

There's a truck of refreshments already along the road there and Rodion's Hotel has had it's monthly change of sheets in preparation. Be advised the runway is not lighted in real life, either (and a helluva' lot tougher than it is in the sim!) and is best approached from the North. In any case, watch them trees! (and keep-a you hands off'a our donne!)

If you get "Mountain Lake" installed, you can have a lighted runway AND an unforgiving lineup....100' wide and water on both sides. (I've landed the Howard, the D18S, and an F14B there, how hard can it be?) It's 5-10 minutes flying time from Wilderness Camp, depending on what you're flying. If you stop there first, it's easier to find and easier to locate Tipella (just fly the big canyon clockwise, and stay low...one saddle ridge to the right puts you on the correct fork in the canyon)

Laughing

If you show up in dim light, find the NW tip of Lake Harrison and you'll likely spot the lights from my cabin. Be advised the dog bites, the ol' lady bites, and I've a shotgun, a magnum, and a claw hammer!

Shadow_Bshwackr
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:39 am

Yep, getting the Mountain scenery installed is advised as we'll probably pop over there to 'borrow' some refreshemenets...:wink:

The scenery is available in our Downloads section....:D

Ascout, we're not scared of guns, dogs, or hammers, but your 'ol lady biting will keep us out..lol
Uhu_Rodion
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:43 am

Hi, Ascout!

I have the Mountain Lake scenery installed too (by the way, it's available at our download section under "FS9 Mountain Lake Scenery", 1 Mb only -> www.com-central.net/in...amp;cid=46 ), but I don't try it yet: could you please tell me how's its ICAO code, so that I can spot it more easily?

A warning: at Tipella, there's a couple of deers pasturing right on top of the runway, so more than to the trees, you might want to pay attention to horns Mr. Green

Marco

P.S.: I change sheets there every season, so if you're fussy, better to bring your own with yourselves.
JG300-Ascout
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:03 am

- Uhu_Rodion
Hi, Ascout!

I have the Mountain Lake scenery installed too (by the way, it's available at our download section under "FS9 Mountain Lake Scenery", 1 Mb only -> www.com-central.net/in...amp;cid=46 ), but I don't try it yet: could you please tell me how's its ICAO code, so that I can spot it more easily?

A warning: at Tipella, there's a couple of deers pasturing right on top of the runway, so more than to the trees, you might want to pay attention to horns Mr. Green

Marco

P.S.: I change sheets there every season, so if you're fussy, better to bring your own with yourselves.

ICAO code: It ain't got one! About half of my sceneries are "uncharted"...that is, no nav aids and you can't start there....I INTEND that you have to fly there and "find" it (I do put good instructions, and sometimes the lat/lon in the "readme's"). Most AA scenery is intended as a sort of adventure, places to find and try to land (some are only accessable by helicopter...or at best an ultra-STOL fixed-wing...like a Storch, Aeronca, or if you're really good, a Cub). I like adding stuff to semi-stock places in the sim..."Easter eggs" for the adventurous. Heck, if everybody could go there, imagine the crowds!

BTW, horns on the runway aren't the only ones you have to worry about...does Kit plan to go on this trip? Wink

RCAF_Wingnut
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:21 am

If I can find the places he has created, anyone can. I know where the micro brewery is, as I've been there several times. Hopefully my computer will be back from the shop. After last weekend's difficulties, I put it back in to be checked out. I do hope to join you all.

JG300-Ascout
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:34 am

"Anomaly Airways" are the guerillas of scenery development..."We don't announce our locations, we strike, then sink back into the night." (apologies to "The Committments")

By the way, leave me a server addy for this flight. I may join you or intercept your flight somewhere along the way (or maybe just bushwhack you from the Mountain Lake!).

I'll either take the Howard or the stock Bell 206 so I can make any arrests that might become necessary.

Uhu_Fledermaus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:51 am

Shocked

server: 194.109.162.138
pw:bush

Rolling Eyes
RCAF_Wingnut
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:59 am

Hey guys, it doesn't look like I'm going to make it to the flight this week. The folks at the shop can't figure what is wrong with my computer, so it is still there. Unfortunately they are closed for the weekend, so the soonest I can even possibly get it would be Monday. So sorry, It is a great area to fly in too.

Kitform
Bar Maid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:20 am

- JG300-Ascout
BTW, horns on the runway aren't the only ones you have to worry about...does Kit plan to go on this trip? Wink

If I can get FS9 re-installed by Sunday I'll be there...But it's starting to sound a bit scary Evil or Very Mad

Maybe have to go out and by new dress that I can run away in, and some flat shoes.
Post new topic    Revive this topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Com-Central's Sunday Flights
Page 1 of 4