±Recent Visitors

Recent Visitors to Com-Central!
January 14th Sunday flight :: Archived
Come join us each Sunday as we fly around the world exploring new and unusual scenery. We combine some great planes and flight plans with second to none pilots who'll always take the time to teach new comers! All are welcome!
Post new topic    Revive this topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Com-Central's Sunday Flights

Topic Archived View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uhu_Rodion
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:04 am
Post subject: January 14th Sunday flight

Dust off the Sabre, Gents, we're leaving Australia at full speed, heading towards a place I've never been before: Timor East. Warning: bringing abroad animals is a crime, even if you fasten their sit belts, so say goodbye to kangaroos and koalas. Possibly you might take pictures of them as a souvenir and post them here for our contest!

-----
#106 YPGV - Gove (Australia) -> WPDL - Comoro (Timor-Leste)
Overall distance: 745,4 nm.
Estimated time: 1:43 h.

YPGV
PGVWF - Intersection - HDG 320° - leg 5,8 nm.
DN (Darwin) - VOR 112,60 MHz - NDB 308,0 kHz - HDG 289° - leg 342,6 nm.
D080J - Intersection - HDG 012° - leg 386,3 nm.
WPDL - VOR 113,40 MHz - NDB 391,0 kHz - HDG 309° - leg 10,7 nm.
elevation: 10 ft.
runways:
8 - asphalt - 5.873 ft. - no ILS
26 - asphalt - 5.873 ft. - no ILS

Aircraft: Kirk Olsson's North American F-86
Cruise speed: 420 KIAS
Cruise altitude: 20.000 ft.
Weather: static - set by the server
Time: 13:00 local – 04:00 GMT

The package including flight plan, bigger map, kml file for Google Earth and text file with navigation data can be downloaded here:
-> 216.176.86.154/marco/f...CC_106.zip

Marco

link updated by fled Wink
lazyeight
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:45 am
Post subject: Re: January 14th Sunday flight

Auto link is incorrect. Has htto not http needs to be corrected to download.

Flight looks great. Hope to be able to join you on this one. It has been a few Sundays since I have been free to fly. Looking forward to being there.

Thanks for your work on these Marco!
Uhu_Fledermaus
Aircraft Demolition Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:11 am

Thank you lazyeight

Marco, I have taken the liberty to edit the link, it's now fully functional Wink

See ya sunday at the latest

fled
Cool

Last edited by Uhu_Fledermaus on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Uhu_Rodion
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:00 am

Oops!

Thank you, Wolter!

Indeed, "o" key is close to the "p" one, and I was still only half awake this morning when I posted the news... Shocked
Mr. Green
Marco
HF_Warbucks
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:04 am

Ok gentlemen. I happen to have taken a souvenir pic of a koala from my area. Admittedly it was not from the Sunday flights, but I figured that since I live on the East coast of Australia, it would be acceptable. The koalas around this neck of the woods are not shy and they're sometimes reasonably talented.

Incidently, koalas only reside on the East coast of Australia in small pockets of eucalyptus forest. They do not drink at all because they obtain their required supplement of h20 from the eucalyptus leaves. Survival for a koala without eucalyptus leaves is impossible because not only is it their source of drinking water, it also happens to be the only thing that they eat.

This is why koalas are an endangered species. Foreign developers are coming here and tearing down these small pockets of habitat and building high rise apartments. I'm sure that the koalas appreciate this gesture, after all who wouldn't like to live in a house with a spectacular view? The problem is that once the habitat is gone, they will have nothing to eat. The foreign developers are only partly to blame. The major offenders are the Government officials who profit from the sale of the land.

If you ever see a koala in the wild, I'd advise you to take a photograph of it to show your Grandchildren. It's quite likely that there will not be any left in another 20 years if they don't stop the Australian Government from killing them.

Kangaroos on the other hand are a complete nuisence to the man on the land. They rapidly destroy grazing land by eating the grass until there is nothing left but dust. When they run out of grass to eat, they dig up the tree roots and kill the trees. Kangaroos will never become extinct because they can live just about anywhere so long as there is water in their chosen habitat. Every few years they are culled to reduce their numbers to a more managable size.

So you thought that kangaroos and koalas were cute and cuddly? You thought wrong. A cornered koala is capable of ripping bare flesh to the bone with it's sharp claws.

Wild kangaroos can be deadly. It can also be said that Kangaroos in captivity can be very dangerous too, but it's not very common. A red bull kangaroo can grow to six feet tall and they have been known to disembowel unsuspecting tourists with the large claw that protrudes from their feet. Eastern grey kangaroos are not known to be so violent, but they are more than capable of breaking several ribs from one powerful kick.

Don't play with the animals lads.

Cheers
Mr. War

warbucks.jpg
 Description:
A talented koala near my place
 Filesize:  120.29 KB
 Viewed:  5367 Time(s)

warbucks.jpg

Shadow_Bshwackr
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:16 am

LOL WB, is that a self portrait?...lol

Thanks for the flight plan Marco!! Smile
Uhu_Rodion
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:21 am

Lol!

Is that Martin Rotsey after recording Koala Sprint?

As long as you respect their nature, it's safer to play with animals - no matter how wild they can be - than with humans.
-----
I'm mad... and that's a fact
I found out... animal's don't help
Animals think... they're pretty smart
s*** on the ground... see in the dark
-
They wander around like a crazy dog
Make a mistake in the parking lot
always bumping into things
Animals let you down down down down
-
Animals think... they understand
To trust in them... a big mistake
Animals want... to change my life
I will ignore... animal's advice.
-----
... and so on, but this was David Byrne stating from the beginning he's mad, so take your conclusions.
Mr. Green
Marco
JG300_Hunt
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:30 am

Gentlemen, in looking at the Pacific area in my job, something sounded a bit peculiar - we should all be well advised to check out the below link prior to our travels to East Timor Rolling Eyes

travel.state.gov/trave..._2918.html

Here is a quick Excerpt:

This Travel Warning is being updated to inform Americans of ongoing security concerns in East Timor and to urge American citizens to defer non-essential travel to East Timor at this time. This supersedes the Travel Warning issued on July 18, 2006.

Although the Department of State authorized lifting the ordered departure status of the U.S. Embassy in Dili on July 18, the Department remains concerned by the threat to the personal safety of Americans in East Timor due to continued indiscriminate communal and politically motivated violence, particularly in the capital, Dili. American citizens are urged to defer non-essential travel to East Timor. Demonstrations in response to the dismissal of 595 members of the armed forces escalated into rioting and violence in April and May. The presence of international troops and police beginning in late May has improved the security situation. However, an upsurge in violence in late October resulted in the deaths of several people, and a number of serious security concerns remain, including:

The international airport was closed on October 25 due to violent disturbances in its vicinity. The airport has returned to normal operations and security has been augmented. However, travelers who do not defer travel to East Timor should check the status of flights and security in the area prior to commencing travel.

Shocked

Will be sure to stop by the arms room on the way to the flightline, just in case - will hide my stash of strawberries in the center fuel tank just to be on the safe side.

Power User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:07 am

Can someone tell me if it is 9, 10, or 11am PST this morning?? DST messes me up and I am horrible at time conversion as a whole.

Also, should I be using VOZ this morning, and if so, what region? Thanks guys, looking forward to the flight!

Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:15 am

Take off time is 11am PST and we usually try to meet up 1/2 hour prior to that on TeamSpeak... Smile

I'm using stock scenery today, but someone that uses VOZ can tell you...

Hope to see you there Hunt...
Post new topic    Revive this topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Com-Central's Sunday Flights
Page 1 of 1