102: Community Forums
103: Photo Gallery
104: Community Forums
105: Community Forums
106: Member Screenshots

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Tip Your Cap to the August '07 Screenshot Winners! :: Archived
Welcome to the Com Central Screenshot Competition! You'll find the 'rules' in here, so grab some coffee, your favorite screenshot program and start submitting your pics!
Post new topic    Revive this topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Com Central Screenshot Competition

Topic Archived View previous topic :: View next topic  
JG300-Stoopy
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:17 pm
Post subject: Tip Your Cap to the August '07 Screenshot Winners!

The time has come, the Turtle said, to talk of many things: Of shoes - and ships - and Sealing Wax, of Cabbages, and Kings.......

And, had famed author and rumored Flight Sim Enthusiast extraordinaire Lewis Caroll not have been interrupted by a Highly Massively Important CFS1 match on the evening he was writing the above, he also (I have it on good authority) would have had the Walrus bring up the subject of the 2007 Com-Central Screenshot Competition! Because that sly ol' Walrus does go on to mention boiling seas (no doubt from all the FIRE and SMOKE which was last month's Theme) and also there's the thing about pigs having wings after that, so he obviously musta had a lot on the ball.

But even though that's the best intro I could come up with right now, it's still all beside the point of course because no one on Earth at that time, and even up until THIS VERY SECOND, had any kind of inkling whatsoever of who would be named King of Kings and Premier Cabbage Of The Month (queue trumphant horn music) as the August 2007 Com-Central Screenshot Competition Winner(s) are announced!!!!

(let me know if that's just too much hoopla and I'll back it off next month!) Wink

Anyhowsomever, it's my pleasure to announce that by popular vote with a final rating of 4.875 out of 5, the double-duty WINNER of the August 2007, Picture Of The Month *and* also having taken advantage of last Month's "Smoke 'em" theme, is none other than.....

"Mayday! Mayday! Trailing Smoke!" by Manolo

And%20because%20therein%20lies%20a%20question.....can%20one%20pic,%20however%20good,%20win%20both%20the%20Picture%20Of%20The%20Month%20and%20the%20\"Theme\"%20category%20at%20the%20same%20time?%20%20Frankly%20I%20don't%20know%20but%20I%20tell%20ya%20I'm%20gonna%20say%20probably%20not,%20'specially%20if%20it%20means%20I%20don't%20get%20to%20celebrate%20more%20of%20the%20EXCELLENT%20screenshots%20that%20were%20contributed%20and%20keep%20namin'%20names!!!%20%20So%20my%20usual%20spur-of-the-moment%20decision%20is%20to%20say%20let's%20keep%20the%20party%20rollin'%20and%20give%20a%20few%20more%20slaps%20on%20the%20back,%20and%20say%20that%20this%20next%20fine%20pic%20stands%20as%20a%20second-place%20winner%20(in%20the%20\"Theme\"%20category%20alone)...with%20a%20final%20rating%20of%204.625,%20take%20a%20deep%20breath%20and%20don't%20get%20too%20much%20smoke%20in%20your%20lungs%20when%20looking%20at: \"In%20smoke\"%20by%20siskens But%20wait%20that's%20not%20all!!!! A%20Special%20Mention%20and%20extra%20Tip%20O'the%20Cap%20to%20our%20tanker%20crowd%20with%20a%20very%20unique,%20high-powered%20(and%20high-scoring)%20shot%20from%20FS2004%20-%20placing%20high%20up%20on%20the%20ladder%20this%20month%20(4.778)%20it%20just%20seems%20right%20to%20call%20attention%20to..... \"M1%20Abrams%20view%20of%20Afghan%20Camp%20in%20FS2004\"%20%20by%20%20Doug_Kibbey

And even more importantly - Many, MANY THANKS and words of appreciation and encouragement to ALL members who contributed by submitting their great pictures, and also contributed by voting regularly and making all this possible. Good job by all and let's keep it rollin'!!

Last edited by JG300-Stoopy on Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:27 pm; edited 6 times in total
Doug_Kibbey
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:28 pm
Post subject: Re: Tip Your Cap to the August '07 Screenshot Winners!

MAN! If I'd only been willing to fire on a friendly, we'd have had smoke and I've have displaced that Dutch guy for second and put that funny lookin' push-me/pull-me plane in it's place! Laughing Well, we can't have blue-on-blue kills just for a virtual trophy so congratulations are in order to the winners for some great "shots" (since I couldn't take mine...concience wouldn't let me...and I won't commit fratricide for less that a big cash prize Wink ).

At least we got Armor Branch represented, the Combat Arm of Decision!

(I do hope that 11th Cav crew in the helicopter came out alright though!)

JG300-1Bullet
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:08 pm

Excelent Choices. Congratualtions Mr. Green

You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3
siskens
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:51 pm

Winning in the tradition of an ancient tragedy..The warrior is applauded, the audiance is jubilant, the inevitable end of the usurper is at hand.The villain stands to lose due to his greed and cruelty. His victims are to be remembered forever after...A thousand years of victory lay ahead! Shocked In a last effort he sees his enemy is in smoke and going down.
"wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."
Watch the Picture of the Day tomorrow 'cause you'll hear in your crackling virtual headsets: "Kraut smoking now!". So - all's well that ends well .

Friends, it's always great fun to participate in this contest. Congrats to the Great Winner: The Manolo Hail! and to our mudmoving firends heavily splattered but never battered : Hail!

And now for a cold beer and back to normal Wink
Uhu_Fledermaus
Aircraft Demolition Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:41 am

Congratulations to :

Señor "Manolo" for his fire shoot,

Meneer "siskens" for his smoking shot

Mister "Doug_Kibbey" for his down to earth shot

fled
Cool
JG300-Ascout
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:41 am

- siskens
:jump: Winning in the tradition of an ancient tragedy..The warrior is applauded, the audiance is jubilant, the inevitable end of the usurper is at hand.The villain stands to lose due to his greed and cruelty. His victims are to be remembered forever after...A thousand years of victory lay ahead! Shocked In a last effort he sees his enemy is in smoke and going down.
Watch the Picture of the Day tomorrow 'cause you'll hear in your crackling virtual headsets: "Kraut smoking now!". So - all's well that ends well .

Friends, it's always great fun to participate in this contest. Congrats to the Great Winner: The Manolo Hail! and to our mudmoving firends heavily splattered but never battered : Hail!

JEEZ, LOUISE! Siskens is gettin' almost as prosaic and verbose as Stoopy....whoever would have thought such a thing was even possible?!?! Shocked
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Congrats on a great pic, Siskens, you blow terrific smoke rings!

Shadow_Bshwackr
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:15 am

Excellent shots everyone!! Congratulations to the winners and a special thanks to our Judge, who's job seems to get harder each month...
JG300-fr8ycat
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:28 am

very nice. Congrats guys!

Power User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:03 pm

I remember when the contest first started - and to see the quality of the shots these days makes me shudder to realize they come from a computer! GREAT shots guys!

JEEZ, LOUISE! Siskens is gettin' almost as prosaic and verbose as Stoopy....whoever would have thought such a thing was even possible?!?!

No kiddin! One would think there has got to be a class in verbose speaking we're somewhat missin out on! Now imagine them angry and gettin' all verbose on someone Shocked

Power User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:22 am

Mr. Green Congrats guys..excellent work!
RAF92_Moser
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:22 am

Yes, this screen shot contest is great contribution to the community! I tip my hats to the winners this month!

~S~

JG300-Stoopy
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:52 am

- siskens
:jump: Winning in the tradition of an ancient tragedy..The warrior is applauded, the audiance is jubilant, the inevitable end of the usurper is at hand.The villain stands to lose due to his greed and cruelty. His victims are to be remembered forever after...A thousand years of victory lay ahead! Shocked In a last effort he sees his enemy is in smoke and going down.

Verbose? Sure... Poetic? Absolutely!!! And so inspiring I think I'm gonna confer with ya, siskens, on the prose for next month's winners!!!

JG300-Ascout
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:38 am

- JG300-Stoopy
- siskens

Verbose? Sure... Poetic? Absolutely!!! And so inspiring I think I'm gonna confer with ya, siskens, on the prose for next month's winners!!!

I'm definitely gonna' need a bigger Hard Drive now. Rolling Eyes

JG300-Stoopy
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:45 pm

Aww its not too bad, last week I started writing the anouncement for next month's winner(s) and so far it's only averaging about 3 to 4 pages per day in growth, so it'll be manageable. You know you can compress folders, right?? Laughing

JG300-Ascout
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:54 pm

- JG300-Stoopy
Aww its not too bad, last week I started writing the anouncement for next month's winner(s) and so far it's only averaging about 3 to 4 pages per day in growth, so it'll be manageable. You know you can compress folders, right?? Laughing

Well, let's just say I'm glad I sprung for the larger monitor with the new system.

What does one o' them Evelyn Woods courses go for now, ya' s'pose? Shocked

Laughing

Post new topic    Revive this topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Com Central Screenshot Competition
Page 1 of 1