93: Community Forums
94: Downloads
95: Community Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
COD 4 :: Archived
Post here about your favorite "Ground Pounder Games!"
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic    Revive this topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Ground Pounders!!

Topic Archived View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnwMan0
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:25 pm
Post subject: Re: COD 4

3rd party Co-Op mod in the works from what i hear , Maybe somthing to keep an eye out for ...

Hi again Jel , Nice to see you again , Super busy myself but like a bad cold ... Im back again. Like i said in my above post , Random people filling a 30 man server is waaaaaaay hectic , But one can/should expect that . Smaller team style games is where 4 can shine , Hence the reason all the team based ladders are so popular throughout the COD Community.*coughWECCODcough*

I am all for a CC Shootout though - Would be nice to get together with some old faces again. Looks as if the SoS CoD4 Server should be up here in the next few days or so ... As always i'll post some info for CC.

Ullus Vicis , Ullus Qua.
Kitform
Bar Maid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:43 pm

- 401RCAF_Jel
If we were to gather some chaps here from CC that have cod4 for some serious M/P gaming then i do however think there's a bucket load of laughs to be had!??

Would be nice to get the gang back together for a bit of mayhem... Smile
Sly will start moaning...LOL, he didn't like COD1.

I'd even go out and buy it if enough people wanna die.

- 401RCAF_Jel
Final comment... Jops still floats my boat because of Coop missions.

Gotta be a big bloody boat.

Mr. Green Mr. Green

P.S. Gotta a server sat here doing nuthin'
Chuck_71st
Power User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:09 pm

Has anyone tried Red Orchestra? It has in game comms that require no setup so when you spawn you are already in complete communication with your team mates. Lonewolfing in this game is rare because people will berate you verbally for not playing as a team. I find it helps. Its based on the Russian front and they will be adding a Romanian army update soon as well.

Its a completely online type game thats coop able and they have just started adding 50 player servers and bigger maps. There are bots in most of the servers who leave as more people join so the action is always there though bots can be a real pain in th A$$ sometimes. sorry I hijacked my own thread. Laughing anyways its a game worth checking out for 20 bucks, they also have free weeks where they give registered players free invites for other people to give it a try(full version).
It's also run by steam so updates (which are constant) are downloaded automatically. Its a great 1 shot 1 kill game for strategy minded team players and comes with practice modes for all maps for offline use against bots.

www.redorchestragame.com/

and check this

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related
Shadow_Bshwackr
Janitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:45 pm

I just finished the Single Player offline version and yes, it's a bit scripted. I didn't have it at the hardest settings and could see how it would take longer to complete if you had to restart more often. Still, even in the lower settings, those stinking dogs kept getting me...lol I liked the different guns laying around for pickup as well as the 'convenient' weapons cache when a situation came up that required different guns or simply a different strategy for taking out the bad guys.

The predictability was this. At times, there was only one way to go as all the other routes were blocked via cars, barbed wire, buildings, etc. That reminded me of the older ID games like Doom. That's something I didn't like about those games either. When Ghost Recon came out, you had the option of different approaches and could use different strategies. COD4 has some strategy to it, but for the most part, it's a 'shoot everything in sight' game. That's fun too, but not if you like thinking games. Smile

I haven't tried MP yet and don't know if I will, but the single player was fun and I loved being the long range sniper from the top of that building. It took me several tries to get that shot placed right. Great stuff...

One strategy that seemed to work for the time limit maps is to get moving and don't take too much time pickin' off the bad guys. Run like crazy, shoot everything in front of you and keep after the goal. That is the only strategy I can see that works for the time limit boards. On the bright side, the game does give you ample time to get the job done, so it's not too bad to keep snipin' the bad guys and still make the goal .. Wink

Graphics are cool, just what you would expect from CoD. Explosions are good, the object animations are very good and other than those stinkin' dogs rippin' your throat out, is great fun.

I was also disappointed about not being able to drive the tanks, trucks, or vehicles in the game. At some point in the game, it would have been great to pick up your lads and head down the road or use the tank to blow the crap out of the bad guys hiding in the tower, bunker or behind all those steel containers that are lying around.

Some of the scenes were interesting such as when you were belly crawling under the trucks with the bad guys all around or when the bad guys were sweeping the field and you had to avoid detection.

Jel, I won't tell you what the end is like, but you'll like it... Smile

AND...there's a bonus map at the end...and I'm not gonna' tell you what it is either...lol
RAF92_Moser
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:50 am

One thing I'll like to point out that COD4 was intended to be heavily scripted and hectic. It's really not designed to be tactical, but cinematic, and by cinematic, I mean bodies flying everywhere, bullets screaming past ears, shell shocking explosions, and fast paced action. If I were to suggest tactical games, Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six would be ones to play. Other than that, COD4 is supposed to make you sit at the edge of ur seat, turn up the subwoofers, and listen to the whole house shake as you pump a whole M249 clip into a wooden house!! Mr. Green

Chuck_71st
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:13 am

Yep, I guess i'm just really coming to grips with the fact that there is just more than 1 type of shooter out there to be had. I'm glad that they put out demo's cuz that saves a lot of dissapointments. If you guys are enjoying this game then thats awesome, And YES! playing this game in MP with you all would be a pile of s**t's and giggles and that would definately be worth purchasing it. Wink
Kitform
Bar Maid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:17 pm

It must be about time to re-link to the COD1 'wabbit' video clip...

Download Wabbit Season

Chuck_71st
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:28 pm

lol Mr. Green
401RCAF_Jel
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:49 am

lol nice one Kit Mr. Green Mr. Green

Post new topic    Revive this topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Ground Pounders!!
Page 2 of 2