±Recent Visitors

Recent Visitors to Com-Central!

±User Info-big

Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow
The AFV ASSOCIATION was formed in 1964 to support the thoughts and research of all those interested in Armored Fighting Vehicles and related topics, such as AFV drawings. The emphasis has always been on sharing information and communicating with other members of similar interests; e.g. German armor, Japanese AFVs, or whatever.
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  AFV News Discussion Board

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taranov
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:12 am
Post subject: Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow

Renault UE2 on the transport trailer
svsm.org/gallery/renault_ue
Renault UE supply trailer
svsm.org/gallery/renault_ue_trailer
Lorraine 37L 44
svsm.org/gallery/lorraine37l44
Citroen Type U45
svsm.org/gallery/citroen_type_u45
Laffly/Licorne V15T
svsm.org/gallery/LafflyV15T

And, as a bonus, Chevrolet CGT FAT Cab 12
svsm.org/gallery/chevr..._fat_cab12
Maple_Leaf_Eh
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:28 pm
Post subject: Re: Few new walkarounds of french vehicles from Moscow

That Licorne V15T is one of the strangest small trucks I think I will ever see! It is a conventional 4x4 with an odd shaped body and roof. The unusual part is there are dolly wheels under the front bumper, and just became someone that it might be nice, another set of wheels between the main axles. It is an 8-wheeler about the size of an M37 3/4 ton.

If you want to keep your sanity (or whatever favourable opinion you might have of French engineering), do not open that gallery!
bsmart
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:00 pm

Actually the extra wheels make sense and were not that uncommon. Many American Halftracks and White Scout Cars had an 'Antiditching roller' on the front bumper in place of a winch. It provided a rolling surface when you nosed up to an embankment or into a trnech or ditch (From what I have heard the M114 could have used one with it's front overhang Rolling Eyes )

As far as the wheels between the main axles that was also somwhat common in tactical wheeled vehicles for a while. In most cases there were spare tires mounted on freewheeling storage mounts on either side of the body. The idea was that it helped keep the vehicle from being hung upon a wall or similar narrow obsticle.

Doug_Kibbey
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:24 pm

- bsmart
Actually the extra wheels make sense and were not that uncommon. Many American Halftracks and White Scout Cars had an 'Antiditching roller' on the front bumper in place of a winch. It provided a rolling surface when you nosed up to an embankment or into a trnech or ditch (From what I have heard the M114 could have used one with it's front overhang Rolling Eyes )

As far as the wheels between the main axles that was also somwhat common in tactical wheeled vehicles for a while. In most cases there were spare tires mounted on freewheeling storage mounts on either side of the body. The idea was that it helped keep the vehicle from being hung upon a wall or similar narrow obsticle.

I agree with Bob on this one, though I gotta' wonder why they went with such a front overhang in the first place, something much avoided in all-road vehicles nowadays. Term he's searching for with regard to the middle wheel set is to avoid becoming "high centered", as we know it with tracked vehicles. Otherwise known as being "stuck on yer' belly".

It's odd-lookin', but I can see it at least "working". Whether it did or not, I have no idea.
Joe_D
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Reminds me of the St. Chamond Tank. It sure could've used a set of wheels or rollers up front.

Joe D
bsmart
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:20 pm

High Centered That was it I really was searching for it and it just didn't come ( I was writing that while I was working on recovering a development server that ate two of the disks in it's disk array so I was sort of preoccupied

Doug_Kibbey
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:29 pm

- bsmart
High Centered That was it I really was searching for it and it just didn't come ( I was writing that while I was working on recovering a development server that ate two of the disks in it's disk array so I was sort of preoccupied

CRS Syndrome, happens to all of us eventually.
Taranov
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:30 am

Added two new walkarounds

Dodge WC-63
svsm.org/gallery/wc63
GAZ 410
svsm.org/gallery/gaz-410
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  AFV News Discussion Board
Page 1 of 1