downloading
-> Software

#1: downloading Author: loneranger1986 PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:50 pm
    ----
can somebdy please help me when downloading how do you add them to the fs 2004

#2: Re: downloading Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:59 pm
    ----
Hi loneranger1986

Welcome to Com Central

I presume you mean downloaded software for FS2004.

It comes in all shapes and sizes, a lot of it is in EZ install packages some others are just the files to add manually.

But it's all .zip files.

Unzip the file to a temp folder and see what's in there, EZ installs are just a click and they'll do the work for you,

If you have something particular in mind then post what file it is and someone will talk you through the install procedure.

#3: Re: downloading Author: loneranger1986 PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:35 pm
    ----
so if I install to a temporary file do I post it in the forum and wait for some body to help me

#4: Re: downloading Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:44 pm
    ----
It's really the file that you want to download that's the question.

Say for example you download an aircraft...Howard 500...It comes to you as a .zip file, unzip the contents to a temp folder, open that folder and inside you will see instructions, a few pics and a setup.exe.

In this case you just double click the setup.exe file and point it to your FS9 install and Bobs your uncle...all done and installed.

Other files may vary, depends what your downloading.

The easiest way is to download the file you want, and if you have a question about how to use it or whatever, post the name of the file you downloaded and just ask for help installing it.

Someone will help you out, they're all good eggs here Smile

#5: Re: downloading Author: loneranger1986 PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:02 pm
    ----
thankyou, I have just downloaded a small file just to get the hang of it, and my contents adviser rejected installing it how do I get past this problem?please

#6: Re: downloading Author: loneranger1986 PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:52 pm
    ----
ok I have unzipped a file to a tempory folder how do I upload to fs 2004 please

#7: Re: downloading Author: Hangman PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:55 am
    ----
each .zip file usually comes with a "read me" document. Read the document and it will give you step by step instructions on installing the files. Look in the temporary folder you unzipped the file into and you should find the "readme" file.

#8: Re: downloading Author: loneranger1986 PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:52 pm
    ----
thankyou for your reply

-> Software