±Recent Visitors

Recent Visitors to Com-Central!
New Jersey Tanks
The AFV ASSOCIATION was formed in 1964 to support the thoughts and research of all those interested in Armored Fighting Vehicles and related topics, such as AFV drawings. The emphasis has always been on sharing information and communicating with other members of similar interests; e.g. German armor, Japanese AFVs, or whatever.
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  AFV News Discussion Board

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RhinoQ
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:08 pm
Post subject: Re: New Jersey Tanks

Mark-

thank you!

I have always been a fan of the 578

Joe_D
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:58 pm

Welcome to the forum RhinoQ,

Special thanks for sharing your M60 pictures, I too am very fond of the old Girls. I posted this link a while back of the ones I've documented.

M60 Pictures

Bob thinks I'm crazy but I plan on photographing every one in the lower 48 eventually.

BTW, I'm glad to see another "Roller Tank" has survived.

Joe D
bsmart
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:52 am

- Joe_D

Bob thinks I'm crazy but I plan on photographing every one in the lower 48 eventually.

Joe D

Wait a minute - I don't think I ever said that. I think the plan is ambitious, and commendable. I may have asked if you were planning on including the M60s that are displayed off the coast of Maryland and Delaware for scuba divers Rolling Eyes

Why stop at the Lower 48? Once you get a good proportion of those done you will have established your credentials as a serious research project and can probably ask for grant money to complete the project and include the rest of the world Wink

RhinoQ
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:59 am

Joe-

Your M60 Page is awesome, I love the idea, I can't wait to bounce this idea off of my wife. I'm sure it is going to go over GREAT!

I have been trying to take pictures of all the pieces of military equipment I can find, this forum has been awesome, wish I knew it was here earlier...

Quentin

Tom_Willoughby
Power User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:33 pm

The Tank infront of UTES in Fort Dix is an M60A3, It went out in front after we transitioned to M1s. The tanks around the soccer field are A3s as well I was out there in June at our fairwell ceromony the Jersey Guard is sending 3000 troops to Iraq this year. Saw them up close. SeaGirt has a slick M60 which is unusual since the Jersey Guard never used them.

I got a close look at the M26 at Seagirt its a shame it hasn't been restored its serial # is between 500 and 600. Thats all I remember besides the bullet holes in the sheet metal.

Tom
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  AFV News Discussion Board
Page 2 of 2