I know Ascout doesn't like jets but
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: I know Ascout doesn't like jets but Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:48 pm
    ----
I know the old boar claims not to like any jets but the 262 (rocket planes are apparently not included). But this 190 might appeal to him Smile

details here
greyfalcon.us/restored...ugzeug.htm

we'll see if he can talk someone into whipping up one for him( wouldn't half mind one myself Cool )

Der Baron

#2: Re: I know Ascout doesn't like jets but Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:50 pm
    ----
I absolutely LOVE the fact that there's no apparent exit for the jet exhaust other than the tailwheel cutout way back there, or the sides of the fuse at the cowling end or perhaps just right through the cockpit and out an opened canopy itself (either of 'em thus making a nice cooked Schnitzel of the pilot...slow-smoked or deep-fried!). That's Stealthy stuff right there.

"Professor Heinrich Focke of the Focke-Wulf company was one of the greatest and most creative pioneers of auto-gyros and helicopters of his time."

Jets too, dangit!

#3: Re: I know Ascout doesn't like jets but Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:06 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
I absolutely LOVE the fact that there's no apparent exit for the jet exhaust other than the tailwheel cutout way back there, or the sides of the fuse at the cowling end or perhaps just right through the cockpit and out an opened canopy itself (either of 'em thus making a nice cooked Schnitzel of the pilot...slow-smoked or deep-fried!).

YO, Stoop! Linky. Wink

"The exhaust passed through an annular outlet running around the circumference of the fuselage."

I take that to mean behind the "cowl".

I also think it would have had no apparent advantage over the piston version, bein's thrust is limited with this arrangement. And no "kick in the pants" acceleration like you get with prop.

This thing was doomed, "Swallow" was much better investment for jet technology. Fortunately, ex-boss didn't know how to use them. Laughing

#4: Re: I know Ascout doesn't like jets but Author: Freiherr_KieferLocation: Washington sectional PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:49 pm
    ----
three possible advantages, probably lighter then the piston engine version, presumably able to use less highly refined fuel and quick into production, no new assembly lines from scratch with a lot of parts commonality with the regular 190 with subsequent easier transition for pilots and groundcrews

Der Baron

#5: Re: I know Ascout doesn't like jets but Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:55 pm
    ----
- Freiherr_Kiefer
three possible advantages, probably lighter then the piston engine version, presumably able to use less highly refined fuel and quick into production, no new assembly lines from scratch with a lot of parts commonality with the regular 190 with subsequent easier transition for pilots and groundcrews
Der Baron

Yeah, but all that counts for naught if yer shot dead in the air! Wink

#6: Re: I know Ascout doesn't like jets but Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:29 am
    ----
OK I didn't read it all before gettin' all excited but still think it should be dubbed the "Fliegenwurstofen ".

WICKED!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum