The Birk Plan
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#16: Re: The Birk Plan Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:30 am
    ----
funny, they taught us the demm language was invented by foreign invaders (something about Angles, Saxons, Jutes and Normans, with the occasional Roman) and that the original resident language of your fair little isles was only spoken by blue painted savages Wink

Piney

#17: Re: The Birk Plan Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:58 pm
    ----
oi' I'm of Norman descent hailing from from Gloucester (Avon, Bitton, Button) And I aims to come back and Lord over 'em too LOL (ahh by the Cross of Saint George I tell ya)

#18: Re: The Birk Plan Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:33 am
    ----
One million = 1,000,000 one times a milllion
One billion = 1,000,000,000,000 a million times a million (1,000,000,000 is merely a thousand million and only sympathetically referred to in the Queen's English here as "an American billion")
One trillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 a million times a million times a million (only a million million in cheap-skate countries or was it short-scale.., something like that anyway).

Oh for crying out loud I don't believe it! I mean, I believe it, reading the link...but can't believe I'd not heard of that. "Short scale" billion versus "Long Scale" billion? What kind of craziness is that??!

Can't we just keep things simple, and maybe use something more universal like....well how about hexadecimal?

1 Million = F4240
1 Billion = 3B9ACA00

Just multiply either of the above magnitudes by whatever amount you want as long as it's converted to, and expressed in, base16 before and afterwards, and I think we can get a handle on this whole financial crisis thingy much sooner!

#19: Re: The Birk Plan Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:00 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
One million = 1,000,000 one times a milllion
One billion = 1,000,000,000,000 a million times a million (1,000,000,000 is merely a thousand million and only sympathetically referred to in the Queen's English here as "an American billion")
One trillion = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 a million times a million times a million (only a million million in cheap-skate countries or was it short-scale.., something like that anyway).

Oh for crying out loud I don't believe it! I mean, I believe it, reading the link...but can't believe I'd not heard of that. "Short scale" billion versus "Long Scale" billion? What kind of craziness is that??!

It's the "new math". Laughing

...and to think they say mathematics is the "universal language". Rolling Eyes

#20: Re: The Birk Plan Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:42 am
    ----
"oi' I'm of Norman descent hailing from from Gloucester (Avon, Bitton, Button) And I aims to come back and Lord over 'em too LOL (ahh by the Cross of Saint George I tell ya)"

we all got them skeletons rattling around in our closets. one o' mine was Archdeacon of Canterbury (had to blow the country ahead of Bloody Mary's headsman) and another was the Sheriff of Nottingham 1260-1264. To bad he didn't put a bounty on tree rats back then Smile

Piney

#21: Re: The Birk Plan Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:08 am
    ----
Tree ra... SKWIRRELLS!!! abounded back then.
Couldn't see the trees for nutty nut munchers.

-> Officer's Club