Who's XM800T photo is this?
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:36 pm
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
That XM800 sure is purdy! Looks like a Sheridan ate an M113 1/3 Lynx.

Actually, a Sheridan had sex with an M113 Lynx! Has grown up to be a Bradley.

#17: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:03 am
    ----
A-109E is alright in my book.

#18: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:05 pm
    ----
Dennis,

Here you are,

Cobbled this together at Fort McCoy WI four years ago. It was the only way I could get pictures of the top of the T95 there (The tanks were chained off and off limits to climbing). Then I realized the great shots I could take from an elevated position. I have been using it since. I am making a much better one that can accept any camera (This one is limited to my Sony) since I am upgrading but haven't been able to dedicate much time to it. Once it is completed and the bugs worked out I'll share pics and drawings with anyone interested in fabricating their own.

Joe D

Cautionary note, I almost electrocuted myself once in Kentucky Rolling Eyes . Gotta watch those power lines. Holding a six foot sectional aluminum pole can attract lighting too I imagine Shocked .

#19: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:22 pm
    ----
Thanks Joe. Thats simply ingenious!

#20: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:54 pm
    ----
Joe, you should sell these to the pavoratzzi!

#21: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:54 pm
    ----
That's very nice! I look forward to seeing the plans.

But now I'm worried because I can't work out how it took photo's of itself... Laughing

#22: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:03 pm
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
That's very nice! I look forward to seeing the plans.

But now I'm worried because I can't work out how it took photo's of itself... Laughing

Probably a cleverly-arrayed series of mirrors. Wink

#23: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:01 pm
    ----
Of course, that must be it!

#24: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:12 pm
    ----
Pictures taken with an inexpensive Kodak Smile ,

It's my "suicide" camera. I use it when I think that my camera has fair chance of being damaged, destroyed, or lost. Pictures aren't so good but it's great for taking shots of interiors when I run the chance of dropping it through an opening. I originally got it to use from my gun tub in Iraq, sometimes under the most interesting circumstances.

Joe D

#25: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:10 am
    ----
An XM800T just delivered the flag at the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Dept Reserve Shootoff this past week.
I guess they must have one still in operation that they bring to events. I saw this same vehicle at the MVPA nationals in Oakland a few years ago.

#26: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: HellonwheelsV100 PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:13 am
    ----
To clarify, BAE systems is who brought it out if I recall. It is not owned by the Sheriff's Office.

#27: Re: Who's XM800T photo is this? Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:39 pm
    ----
I think FMC built this and they are now owned by BAE Systems. Their plant was/is in San Jose.

-> AFV News Discussion Board