Red River Army Depot Jobs
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Red River Army Depot Jobs Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:41 pm
    ----
I wonder what's happening at Red River Army Depot? I noticed they are advertising for 27 permanent Heavy Equipment Mechanic Helpers. I don't know if it's for Bradley's or Trucks. The announcement is only open for four days. If anyone is interested in working for the Army as a civilian then this might be a good chance to get your foot in the door.

RED RIVER ARMY DEPOT JOB

#2: Re: Red River Army Depot Jobs Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:51 pm
    ----
Thanks Mark,

Maybe a year from now.

Joe D

#3: Re: Red River Army Depot Jobs Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:50 pm
    ----
Joe, job closes in 4 days. Better get it while you can. If we get a democrat in the White House it will be hard to get a DoD job Sad

#4: Re: Red River Army Depot Jobs Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:57 pm
    ----
There is a big problem in the defense industry & inside the Army civilian workforce in terms of an aging baby-boomer population about to retire. Due to the post-Cold War workforce cuts, most people still in these jobs are those with seniority & nearing retirement age rapidly. There's much less young people working in these jobs already unfortunately. So the workforce will be forced to change over significantly over the next decade or so. This may be part of that...

Neil

#5: Re: Red River Army Depot Jobs Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:19 pm
    ----
Mark,

My original plan was to go to Anniston and hopefully work tank/track rebuild. I still might do that later on. Right now I can't work for at least the next year, give or take. I don't really need the job, I just would love to work there. Anything to keep involved with armor. I also was considering volunteering at Fort Knox, making a commute from home once in a while, but with the move to Fort Benning, that probably won't happen.

I still have my quest to document all known US M60's, might start that next year sometime. Might start it with a trip to Aberdeen before everything there goes away.

Neil,

I agree with you, Lot of those guys/gals are nearing retirement and it's gonna keep happening for the next 2-3 years. There are some jobs that just will not go contract and stay GS.

Joe D

#6: Re: Red River Army Depot Jobs Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:11 pm
    ----
Might be interesting to volunteer at Anniston with the Center of Military History. They have a warehouse full of stuff. I never made it in to see it but I guess they have lots of stuff.

#7: Re: Red River Army Depot Jobs Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:33 am
    ----
Yeah,

I'm sure they have a lot of stuff that was in displayed in Germany. Always curious what happened to the stuff they had in Budingen. Used to have 2 operational half tracks in the motorpool. They also had an M24 in front of Squadron HQ and an M8 armored car too.

Joe D

#8: Re: Red River Army Depot Jobs Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:34 pm
    ----
Just saw another job announcement for 100 mechanics! I wonder if they are going to rebuild MRAP's?

-> AFV News Discussion Board