Licence built T-tanks
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Licence built T-tanks Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:47 am
    ----
Which countries have/had a licence to built T-34, T-54/55, T-62, T-72?

T-34: Poland, Czechoslovakia

For the T54/55 I have the following countries: China, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria(?), Romania (?)

For the T-72 I have the following countries: Poland, Czechoslovakia, India, (Irak, full production or only modifications), (Sudan, full licence production or just assembling parts from Russia and or former states?)

Thanks,
Lesley

#2: Re: Licence built T-tanks Author: M9ACE PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:41 pm
    ----
With regard to the production of Iraqi T-72 series tanks, they built them up from "kits". This is known as "The Lion of Babylon", which is simply a T72M1. However, the Iraqis did manufacture their own replacement parts such as gun barrels. I do not believe they manufactured their own replacement motors for these though.

#3: Re: Licence built T-tanks Author: timrobertsLocation: shrewsbury UK PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:22 pm
    ----
Hi Lesley
China Also built the T34/85, from memory classifying it as the type 58-1, 58-2 & 58-3.
It had a different turret casting, torsion bars to assist opening the rear plate (the one with the exhausts on) and a Dshk MG, it also had a split hatch for the engine. I have some photos somewhere, or at least could find a link.
Best Wishes
Tim

-> AFV News Discussion Board