Never Seen This Before (Lingle Ambulance)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Never Seen This Before (Lingle Ambulance) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:36 pm
    ----

#2: Re: Never Seen This Before (Lingle Ambulance) Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:44 pm
    ----
Me either, look forward to Roy's comments on that.

Can't be a lot of room, an M113 can hang a max of four stretchers from the roof, two on each side, one above the other. I'd think two would be the max you could carry in an M114.

Of course, if you're reduced to transporting litters by tracked vehicle, things have gone seriously pear-shaped.

#3: Re: Never Seen This Before (Lingle Ambulance) Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:56 pm
    ----
Simple answer: the armory housed medical units...

www.ksla.com/Global/st...?S=9152950

Neil

#4: Re: Never Seen This Before (Lingle Ambulance) Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:30 pm
    ----
Good work Detective Neil!

#5: Re: Never Seen This Before (Lingle Ambulance) Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:57 pm
    ----
Here is another picture in a book. Actually shows a Lingle getting ready to pull a downed Huey upright. I would love to see the actual photo without the text on it.
books.google.com/books...&ct=result

#6: Re: Never Seen This Before (Lingle Ambulance) Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:23 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

My guess is that unit asked for a M113 and was told at the time that the only thing available was a mini-M113. They did the military thing and made do with what they could get. Beside the civilians in the area wouldn't know the difference anyway.

There is no way a stretcher would lay inside a Lingle with the back door closed. The best one could do is carry two troopers who could set up in the back two seats. Even then, a third crewman would have to ride outside on the top because where would be no place for him to stand.

I would be very surpised to learn that a medical unit was ever issued a M114 to use as a med-evac vehicle.

Makes for an interesting picture.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> AFV News Discussion Board