For those with time on their hands...
-> Officer's Club

#1: For those with time on their hands... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:03 pm
    ----
I think every sim pilot at one time or another has thought about a SimCockpit. Most at CC like the older prop driven planes and especially the WW2 era.

While I found it strange there's no full view pics of the project, the details of the progress are there and from those photos, you can see the intense labor (labour for those across the pond...lol) and attention to detail.

Here's the site I came across...

Click HERE!

#2: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:43 pm
    ----
labour for those across the pond

I know who that's aimed at.
Don't stand for it Kit!
We learned 'em how ta speak proper and now they throw it back in our mushes!

#3: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:41 pm
    ----
LOL Shades! Well, I wasn't thinkin' about anyone in particular, but I was thinking about how it was spelled, I.E. Labor, Labour, Laboring, etc...lol

#4: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:03 am
    ----
- Shades
Don't stand for it Kit!

Stay cool Shades, all the Wiki's in proper spelling. Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

#5: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:43 am
    ----
lolol
Little by little we shall wrest control from their hands;
Today, the Officer's Club.
Tomorrow, Com-Central!

#6: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:59 am
    ----
rodents... a reverse pied piper of sorts, eh Shades?

#7: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:38 pm
    ----
somebody who spells "Squirrel" the way Shades does shouldn't be trying to correct anyone else's spelling. he ought to pe put in jail or to make Shades and Kit happy, " gaol". Twisted Evil

Piney

#8: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:19 pm
    ----
I'm ufing the correct fpelling as t'waf before it became popularifed when fome fool human invented the letter 'q' and ftarted fearching around for wordf to ufe it with.

'Queen' - the only real use of the letter, other than the word 'quiz' (which was only recently invented in Irelend anyway) - used to be 'Kween' but no-one had ever actually had to use that word until after the letter 'q' was invented and 'q' lovers jumped on it before a precedent had been set.

#9: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:50 pm
    ----
- Shades
I'm ufing the correct fpelling as t'waf before it became popularifed when fome fool human invented the letter 'q' and ftarted fearching around for wordf to ufe it with.

'Queen' - the only real use of the letter, other than the word 'quiz' (which was only recently invented in Irelend anyway) - used to be 'Kween' but no-one had ever actually had to use that word until after the letter 'q' was invented and 'q' lovers jumped on it before a precedent had been set.

Quite the qualifing qoutation, Queer that there are no other quantities of words that begin with "Q" Wink just a quick, quiet, quaint observation Laughing
Piney

#10: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:27 pm
    ----
ROFLMAO Piney...

#11: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:31 pm
    ----
No, no.
They all came about after they invented "q" so they don't count.

#12: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:55 pm
    ----
There you go corrupting history to suit your evil schemes again tree rat
Q predates W by about 1500 years
"It is generally held that the Latins adopted the western variant of the Greek alphabet in the 7th century BC from Cumae, a Greek colony in southern Italy, making the early Latin alphabet one among several Old Italic alphabets emerging at the time.

Roman legend credited the introduction to one Evander, son of the Sibyl, supposedly 60 years before the Trojan war, but there is no historically sound basis to this tale. From the Cumae alphabet, the Etruscan alphabet was derived and the Latins finally adopted 21 of the original 26 Etruscan letters.

The original Latin alphabet was:

A B C D E F Z H I K L M N O P Q R S T V X "

"The earliest form of the letter W was a doubled V used in the 7th century by the earliest writers of Old English; it is from this <uu> digraph that the modern name "double U" comes. This digraph was not extensively used, as its sound was usually represented instead by the runic wynn (Ƿ), but W gained popularity after the Norman Conquest, and by 1300 it had taken wynn's place in common use. Other forms of the letter were a pair of Vs whose branches cross in the middle. An obsolete, cursive form found in the nineteenth century in both English and German was in the form of an "n" whose rightmost branch curved around as in a cursive "v" (compare the shape of ƕ)." Smile

Piney

#13: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:05 pm
    ----
So if we didn't have the W till about 1300, how did we know about the 'Woman Empire' and Caesar shouting "welease Bwian"
Smile

#14: Re: For those with time on their hands... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:33 pm
    ----
No, Woddawick!
Welease Woddawick!

-> Officer's Club