Centurion nuked, then returned to service...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Centurion nuked, then returned to service... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:29 pm
    ----
Does this sound like a good idea?

www.raeme.net/ops.php?...rmd&item=3

#2: Re: Centurion nuked, then returned to service... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:50 pm
    ----
Hi Doug! Hi Folks!

- Doug_Kibbey

Does this sound like a good idea?

www.raeme.net/ops.php?...amp;item=3

Testing the tank was a good idea. Exposing the troops to the tank after the test wasn't a good idea. But that was the way things where done during the early, open air, testing of atomic weapons.

I would be interesting to see the health status of all the personel who had anything to do with that vehicle.

Intersting story, thanks for the link Doug.
Sgt, Scouts Out!

#3: Re: Centurion nuked, then returned to service... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:06 pm
    ----
WOW, now thats history. Thanks for the link Doug

I'm trying to 'dig up' several similiar historical experiences, on different armored vehicles.

Regards
Don

#4: Re: Centurion nuked, then returned to service... Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:00 pm
    ----
Good find.

#5: Re: Centurion nuked, then returned to service... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:47 pm
    ----
Wow,

Survived a Nuke and Vietnam.

Joe D

#6: Re: Centurion nuked, then returned to service... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:59 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Wow,

Survived a Nuke and Vietnam.

Joe D

Including an RPG penetration with wounded (but no KIA, thankfully).

Come to think of it, this might have been a good vehicle on which to have served. Sort of the "anti-Christine".

#7: Re: Centurion nuked, then returned to service... Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:18 pm
    ----
Yeah,

With a "Charmed" track record like that, I would.

Reminds me of some tanks I've been around. Never know what you'll get. Some are babied and kept pristine only to leave the crews stranded with a host of mechanical problems while others are rode rough and put up wet and still never let their crews down.

"Machines do have a spirit, it's imprinted on them over time by their operators"

Unknown Author

Joe D

#8: Re: Centurion nuked, then returned to service... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:26 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Yeah,

With a "Charmed" track record like that, I would.

Joe D

Winner, Moderator's "Bad Pun of the Day" award. Hands down. No further entries will be considered for November 6th, 2008.

-> AFV News Discussion Board