Littlefield Panther test drive video
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Littlefield Panther test drive video Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:36 am
    ----
This was posted on youtube by one of the mechanics.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaLTkGjlgxM

#2: Re: Littlefield Panther test drive video Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:15 am
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
This was posted on youtube by one of the mechanics.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaLTkGjlgxM

WOW, NOW THATS COOL!!

Don

#3: Re: Littlefield Panther test drive video Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:22 am
    ----
...and to think that just five years ago (this month), it was just a sand-colored hull on a rotisserie!

#4: Re: Littlefield Panther test drive video Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:10 am
    ----
That is great to see it moving, after watching that Tank Overhaul episode a million times.

#5: Re: Littlefield Panther test drive video Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:43 am
    ----
that's indeed great news.
Thanks to the Littlefield team for posting a video, so that we can enjoy this great event.

There is a more laconic announcement on Wheatcroft's website, which states that "Work continue on the Panther restoration", but no new photos of the Panther itself.

http://www.wheatcroftcollection.com/home.html

#6: Re: Littlefield Panther test drive video Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:25 pm
    ----
Good news.

#7: Re: Littlefield Panther test drive video Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:00 pm
    ----
A few more details. The video was shot Tuesday afternoon with Mr. Littlefield driving. Dave, who posted the video, is standing inside the tank. He was on fire watch.

This weekend, I'll be posting some stills of it sitting in the shop. The gun has been mounted and they hope to have the mantlet on in the next few days. Today, they will begin getting everything back in the fighting compartment that can't be installed with the turret mounted. I hope to get more photos this Saturday.

#8: Re: Littlefield Panther test drive video Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:08 pm
    ----
- toadmanstankpictures
A few more details. The video was shot Tuesday afternoon with Mr. Littlefield driving. Dave, who posted the video, is standing inside the tank. He was on fire watch.

I had assumed that Jacques was doing the driving. It all sorta makes sense.

Regards
Don

#9: Re: Littlefield Panther test drive video Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:41 pm
    ----
I had to hook up my speakers for this one,

Ohhhhhhhh, the sound of that machine.

Joe D

#10: Re: Littlefield Panther test drive video Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:31 pm
    ----
yes, photos please !!! for Littlefield-Panther addicted like me

Wink

#11: Re: Littlefield Panther test drive video Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:41 pm
    ----
I'm still finding it hard to believe that I've covered the restoration for almost 5 years. During that time period, I've shot about 4GB worth of photos. And with that, I've still missed a couple of years of the restoration.

-> AFV News Discussion Board