When boys were.....men.
-> Officer's Club

#1: When boys were.....men. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:34 am
    ----
I had the Thompson as a kid, but not the set.

Parents in California would have a case of the vapors and pass a brick if someone introduced one of these toys today.

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

#2: Re: When boys were.....men. Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:11 pm
    ----
LOL... Yep, the public today wouldn't allow that sort of thing, but it was certainly fun when we were kids. (Fled is so old he used the Mattel Musket which was new at the time... ) Wink

#3: Re: When boys were.....men. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:53 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
LOL... Yep, the public today wouldn't allow that sort of thing, but it was certainly fun when we were kids. (Fled is so old he used the Mattel Musket which was new at the time... ) Wink

Don't laugh....I had a Civil War musket set. Think it was Mattel! Wink

#4: Re: When boys were.....men. Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:02 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
- Shadow_Bshwackr

Don't laugh....I had a Civil War musket set. Think it was Mattel! Wink

The Civil war set with a Colt dragoon pistol and the Sharps carbine. It had a pistol belt, sabre and I believe a hat. There were both Yankee and Rebel versions. And don't forget the ultimate in durable play weapons the 'cadet' bolt action rifles. real wood stock and cloth web sling. I wanted one of those sooooo bad. My cousin (who seemed to get everything) had one Evil or Very Mad

#5: Re: When boys were.....men. Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:33 pm
    ----
Had the Mattel Guerilla Tommy Gun in two tone green camo, don't remember if that was the whole set or just the gun. Along the lines of civil war toys, my best friend had a Remco civil war cannon, see the old commercial here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz-Hvv-hbvo

and if you really want a nostalgia trip go here

www.nicholscapguns.com/mattel.htm Mr. Green

I had most of them

Piney

#6: Re: When boys were.....men. Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:55 pm
    ----
- piney
Had the Mattel Guerilla Tommy Gun in two tone green camo, don't remember if that was the whole set or just the gun. Along the lines of civil war toys, my best friend had a Remco civil war cannon, see the old commercial here

I had most of them

Piney

I'm a droolin' and yep, I used to have that one...

#7: Re: When boys were.....men. Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:12 pm
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
- piney

I had most of them

Piney

I'm a droolin' and yep, I used to have that one...

I remember that one well!

#8: Re: When boys were.....men. Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:32 pm
    ----
Of course all you future bikers probably started out with this

www.youtube.com/watch?...2wOOA&NR=1

definitly a step up from baseball trading cards in the spokes

-> Officer's Club