Track of the day....
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 pm
    ----
Ry Cooder - "Goin' to Brownsville"

I so need my ashes hauled.... Wink

#2: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:19 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

I so need my ashes hauled.... Wink

Excellent!

Watch out for momma and poppa who don't want you there! Wink

#3: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:06 pm
    ----
Track of the day II.

The Way Slide Guitar Should be Played. Slithery.

No "video", but you don't need it.

#4: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:18 am
    ----
It's time for Molly to....

Get Behind The Mule....

John Hammond Jr., lyrics by Tom Waits.

Molly be damned smote Jimmy the Harp
With a horrid little pistol and a lariat
She's goin to the bottom
And she's goin down the drain
Said she wasn't big enough to carry it

She got to get behind the Mule
In the morning and plow
In the morning and plow
In the morning and plow
In the morning and plow

Choppity chop goes the axe in the woods
You gotta meet me by the fall down tree
Shovel of dirt upon a coffin lid
And I know they'll come lookin for me boys
And I know they'll come a-lookin for me

Got to get behind the Mule
In the morning and plow
In the morning and plow
In the morning and plow
In the morning and plow

Big Jack Earl was 8'1
He stood in the road and he cried
He couldn't make her love him
Couldn't make her stay
But tell the good Lord that he tried
(Chorus)
Dusty trail from Atchison to Placerville
On the wreck of the Weaverville stage
Beaula fired on Beatty for a lemonade
I was stirring my brandy with a nail boys
Stirring my brandy with a nail
(Chorus)
Well the rampaging sons of the widow James
Jack the cutter and the pock marked kid
Had to stand naked at the bottom
Of the cross
And tell the good lord what they did
Tell the good lord what they did
(Chorus)
Punctuated birds on the power line
In a Studebaker with the Birdie Joe Joaks
I'm diggin all the way to China
With a silver spoon
While the hangman fumbles with the noose, boys
The hangman fumbles with the noose
(Chorus)
Pin your ear to the wisdom post
Pin your eye to the line
Never let the weeds get higher
Than the garden
Always keep a sapphire in your mind
Always keep a diamond in your mind
(Chorus)

#5: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:08 am
    ----
And You Thought Angelina Jolie Had Hot Lips....

You ain't seen nuthin' 'til you've seen Mary in her prime. Scads for talent, and better natural looks. Every teenager-thirtysomethings dream in the early sixties.

#6: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:37 am
    ----
Twofers:

1962-He was ~19 years old. (when recorded, released at 20-21)

...when he did these.

"Gospel Plow" was, I believe picked with Suze Rotolos lipstick holder when he failed to bring his pick to the session.

"Talking New York" is so full of subtle humor that you lose count.....East Orange is like, spittin' distance across the Hudson from NYC.

#7: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:07 pm
    ----
Been following this guy since 1970, widely considered the "Master of the Twelve String". Not bad for a guy who's half deaf. Picking style so aggressive he developed serious tendonitis to the point he had to change his style for some years.

Medley: "Part Two"/"June Bug"/"The Train and the Gate"

...and a sweet lil' tune, where he also displays his fine touch.

"Little Martha"

Ascout recommends acquiring "Six and Twelve", "Mudlark" (his "Eight Miles High" and "Hear The Wind Howl" are killer) and "Greenhouse" albums. In that order. Then, everything else he's ever done.

#8: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:07 pm
    ----
...and if you've never heard it:

"Ghostwind" - Steve Morse

This is big inspiration to me when I've listened to it heading up the mountains in winter on my way to ski areas.

#9: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:30 am
    ----
Dangit, Comcast does their very best to knock my internet connection out this week, and now I'm several tracks-of-the-day behind!

#10: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:09 am
    ----
Well, catch up!

Jack Fig

...and with a self-decribed "geese farts on a muggy day" voice...

Hear the Wind Howl

#11: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:47 am
    ----
Erik (no, not that "Erich"....)

Channeling Michael Hedges and Taking It To Another Level

#12: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:22 am
    ----
Some talent in this group, I can tell ya'...but probably don't have to.

Call it Love

#13: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:56 am
    ----
"Sands of Time" - early Mac

Last edited by JG300-Ascout on Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

#14: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:28 pm
    ----
I liked your comment on the Steve Morse tune...he's extremely talented, no doubt, have read quite a bit of material about him in Guitar Player magazine but never bought any of his albums...so, thanks!

Any chance of some Robby Krieger making it on the list? Lots of excellent solo material from him since Morrison took a bath, and lots of it right up this alley....

#15: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:02 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

Any chance of some Robby Krieger making it on the list? Lots of excellent solo material from him since Morrison took a bath, and lots of it right up this alley....

I'd be all for it, but can't find a thing on YouTube by Krieger that has decent sound quality or without a bunch of noisy dweebs in the audience. I think you or any "men of the cloth" need to post something there. Wink

One of his flamenco interpretations, particularly "Spanish Caravan" would most welcome!

In the meantime, how about an oldie from John Fahey/Leo Kottke contemporary primitivist....

Peter Lang-"Wide Oval Ripoff"

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum