Track of the day....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#211: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 am
    ----
Apparently, it's more-or-less the 50th anniversary* of the 'Stones.

While not quite there* yet, I wonder what this guy would be doing today, had he lived.......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK8N6DjJccc

#212: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:52 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

... I wonder what this guy would be doing today, had he lived.......

Well, he'd be like, reeeaaallllly experienced, that's for sure! Smile

That song is rather timeless, though....

#213: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:23 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout

... I wonder what this guy would be doing today, had he lived.......

Well, he'd be like, reeeaaallllly experienced, that's for sure! Smile

That song is rather timeless, though....

Fer sure, Dood!

Looking back over his concert setlists, he really had two periods...the "Experience" tours, and the post-breakup concerts (mid-'69). I saw one of the last "Experience" concerts (May 9,69 in the Charlotte Coliseum...only about 16,000 seats) and this was the setlist:

Johnny B. Goode
Fire
Foxy Lady
Spanish Castle Magic
Red House
Purple Haze
Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

If that seems short, keep in mind that many of his concerts were only 4-5 numbers (but definitely long versions). By later that year (even that month, which was May '69), the setlists were definitely longer. I can't speak as to the quality of those later shows. Noel Redding left the band in June, I believe, effectively ending the "Jimi Hendrix Experience" era. I only regret that we did not get to hear 'Hey Joe", "Are You Experienced" and "All Along the Watchtower" live. But I don't feel cheated, either. Wink

The List can be viewed here:

home.earthlink.net/~ld...e_sets.htm

One thing is for sure, you ain't heard "Voodoo Child" unless you heard it live, in concert. It was definitely a mind-blowing experience. Shocked

#214: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:58 pm
    ----
A fellow-guitar-playin' buddy of mine says that he read that Jimi was starting the trend over towards jazz before his demise, so he very well may have ended up providing major contributions in that genre had he stuck around...but who knows.

Although that set list looks short at first I'm sure it was a helluva show with quite a bit of exploration included. I've seen live covers of Voodoo Child by two of the best (Stevie Ray Vaughn and Eric Johnson)...while Eric Johnson's rendition is certainly powerful and accurate, Stevie Ray Vaughn understood the mood and message even better, and went all-out to convey it, without being over the top either. While not the original, I was fortunate to at least see him live 3 times before he went, and the last performance was the most impressive, with him breaking a string in the middle of the song and just shifting the notes to the next string for the whole rest of the song without missing a beat or a note. I can only imagine what the 'real deal' would have been like with Jimi at the helm. Wink

FWIW the Del-Quads had a set list of thirty-one songs so there's living proof of the difference between quality vs. quantity.

#215: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:15 am
    ----
Time for an eye candy break - Barbara Eden gives us a refresher in the basics of physics (sp. in re: physics of hip movement). Razz

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

Oh Yes, you're welcome! Razz Mr. Green

#216: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Time for an eye candy break - Barbara Eden gives us a refresher in the basics of physics (sp. in re: physics of hip movement). Razz

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

Oh Yes, you're welcome! Razz Mr. Green

Better with the sound turned off. Wink

David Clayton Thomas is either green with envy or about to puke.

OTOH, the flip side of "Spinning Wheel" was pretty much the only BST song I actually liked...(Ascout officially considers BST to have been a "chick band" like Three Dog Night and pretty much, Chicago. Guys only went to their concerts to get laid...like watching "Steel Magnolias"*)

"More and More"

*don't ask how I know this.... Cool

#217: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:21 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

I didn't realize until later that there was singing involved...kind of....sorry 'bout that.

FYI for some reason the "Steel Magnolias" plan doesn't carry over to Al Jureau concerts though.....there went two $50 tickets down the drain.... Neutral

#218: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:08 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout

I didn't realize until later that there was singing involved...kind of....sorry 'bout that.

FYI for some reason the "Steel Magnolias" plan doesn't carry over to Al Jureau concerts though.....there went two $50 tickets down the drain.... Neutral

Flawed ROI calculation. Too much financial exposure for no guarantee of future performance. On investments over $50, there should be a contract or at least an established record of ROI that doesn't take 30 days to be realized. Wink

#219: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:13 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

Flawed ROI calculation. Too much financial exposure for no guarantee of future performance. On investments over $50, there should be a contract or at least an established record of ROI that doesn't take 30 days to be realized. Wink

True but it was the seventh or eight date at that point and going by a typical project plan template there is a fair expectation of certain deliverables to be provided by specific milestone dates, you'd think. Plus she was a redhead, which warranted some extra consideration beyond standard contractual obligations.

Ah, impetuous youth and wishful thinking on the part of the project manager. Sadly some efforts are destined to never get beyond the prototype - or even workshop - stage. Sad

#220: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:44 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

...(Ascout officially considers BST to have been a "chick band" like Three Dog Night and pretty much, Chicago. Guys only went to their concerts to get laid...like watching "Steel Magnolias"*)

OK then, so where does Blues Image fall within those parameters? Chick band or cool group?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVjN3t8cj74

'Cuz I've always dug the tune, but if it helps me get lucky with the ol' lady that's just all the mo' bettah!

#221: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
- JG300-Ascout

...(Ascout officially considers BST to have been a "chick band" like Three Dog Night and pretty much, Chicago. Guys only went to their concerts to get laid...like watching "Steel Magnolias"*)

OK then, so where does Blues Image fall within those parameters? Chick band or cool group?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVjN3t8cj74

'Cuz I've always dug the tune, but if it helps me get lucky with the ol' lady that's just all the mo' bettah!

"Comments are disabled for this video."

'Nuff said right there. Wink

...and if I see any links for "Brandy you're a fine girl" by Looking Glass....I don't want to have to come down there..... Evil or Very Mad

#222: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:32 am
    ----
Ahem. From Wikipedia: ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blues_Image )

In an interview conducted by British magazine Melody Maker, Jimi Hendrix said that Blues Image was "one of the best up and coming bands around". Shortly before Hendrix's demise, Hendrix and Manny Bertematti were seen jamming at the popular underground club, 'The Experience' on Los Angeles' Sunset Strip.

Interesting how this comes full-circle back to Jimi, eh? And post-Experience Jimi at that. Just sayin'.

#223: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Ahem. From Wikipedia: ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blues_Image )

In an interview conducted by British magazine Melody Maker, Jimi Hendrix said that Blues Image was "one of the best up and coming bands around". Shortly before Hendrix's demise, Hendrix and Manny Bertematti were seen jamming at the popular underground club, 'The Experience' on Los Angeles' Sunset Strip.

Interesting how this comes full-circle back to Jimi, eh? And post-Experience Jimi at that. Just sayin'.

And to think, we might have had the "Manny Bertematti Experience", given the revolving door nature of some bands and groups of musicians!

#224: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:25 pm
    ----
...and now for something completely different...

"And You And I"

Complete with a lot of wonderful art by Roger Dean, who did most (or all) of the album cover art for Yes.

Note the little "change quality" sprocket thingy on the Youtube window at bottom. mouse it and click 720 HD (since Youtube doesn't permit HD as default)

I can't fully describe how much I was able to alter the perception of the sound on this album using only the most organic of salad toppings back in the ol' days.... Cool

#225: Re: Track of the day.... Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:33 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
...and now for something completely different...

"And You And I"

Complete with a lot of wonderful art by Roger Dean, who did most (or all) of the album cover art for Yes.

Note the little "change quality" sprocket thingy on the Youtube window at bottom. mouse it and click 720 HD (since Youtube doesn't permit HD as default)

I can't fully describe how much I was able to alter the perception of the sound on this album using only the most organic of salad toppings back in the ol' days.... Cool

Underneath the video to the right of the "Like" button is a "Share" button. Click on the Share button and you will see an "Options" link. If you click on the "Options" link there are three options including a HD link. Put a check mark in the HD link box and the video "Share" url will change to a HD link.

And You And I in HD by Yes
Standard Definition youtu.be/FZcGc-nbLco

High Definition (720) youtu.be/FZcGc-nbLco?hd=1

Enjoyed the video. Smile

Wheels

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum