Track of the day....
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22, 23, 24  Next  :| |:
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#271: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:40 pm
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
Alright, time to mix it up.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unxlh2ucxCg

Well, it falls short of Cher's "Hey Joe" rendition. Razz

#272: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:39 am
    ----
Now we know who's the Cher fan in the group. Wink

#273: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:16 pm
    ----
Since we're exploring new territory, here's a band I've been getting into lately, never had much exposure to 'em before....flat diggin' it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN7RE-HVGNQ

#274: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:06 am
    ----
Ascout!....put your fingers in you're ears!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh-AG3brrkM

I know, at this point you're wishing I was back at work.

#275: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:44 am
    ----
- JG300-fr8ycat
Now we know who's the Cher fan in the group. Wink

Gentlemen don't discuss certain matters in detail, but as it was over four decades ago and I'm using my login name, I'll just take this opportunity to mention that Cruise came in several places behind me. Wink

www.huffingtonpost.com...16311.html

Just sayin'....

#276: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:55 am
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Since we're exploring new territory, here's a band I've been getting into lately, never had much exposure to 'em before....flat diggin' it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN7RE-HVGNQ

Took WAY too long to establish a beat, and even when he did, the drummer demonstrated that he's no Keith Moon (unless you count Moon's career after death, in which he could probably still bang this one out Laughing )

The singer's voice reminded me a bit of Gregg Allman, and he picked a good lick.

Bonus points for the cheezy Hammond organ sound. Wink

#277: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:09 am
    ----
Because there is no other logical place to put this...

If you loved Cream and Blind Faith, and wondered just how weird this guy was, you MUST find a way to view this 2012 documentary (currently making the rounds on various cable nets...and no doubt available from the usual media sources) on the wildest polo-playing, heroin-using, bad movie acting, groupie-groping bug eye ever to pick up a pair of sticks.....

My nominee for the Wild Sau All Star Band (and originally classified as a jazz drummer!)

"Beware of Mr. Baker"

...and whatever you do, please FF past the first 0:36 seconds of the trailer!

I DVD'd it have viewed three times already. Whatever you thought the guy was like...he was more extreme by a factor of at least two. WAY more interesting stuff here than I'd ever imagined (especially his relationship with Jack Bruce) If he's still here, there's hope for all of us!

Shocked

#278: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:48 pm
    ----
Yeah the first 36 seconds was...umm...yeah.

The rest looks interesting, will keep an eye out for it, I guess theres more to him him than just being a grumpy ol' man....

#279: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:01 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Yeah the first 36 seconds was...umm...yeah.

The rest looks interesting, will keep an eye out for it, I guess theres more to him him than just being a grumpy ol' man....

Well, you were warned about that first 36 seconds. I think that (completely gratuitous and detracting bit from a trailer reflects the youth of the film maker and tells us something about what constitutes a "rock legend' in his limited perspective).

In that same vein, he completely omits any references to say, jazz drummer Buddy Rich, and only minimal passing ones to Moon, et. al. while including ones from the '80's (or later). One of the interesting things to come out was that Charlie Watts moved out of a local jazz-ish band when young to let Baker take over (remember that Baker was born in '39, so all his early interests were in jazz, something he continued to be good at).

He definitely is a grumpy old man...and was grumpy a lot as a young man, but had some facets I knew nothing about...like his whole time drumming in Africa way back when. I thought Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann were eclectic percussionists...but they had nothing on Ginger.
BTW, the entire Royal Albert Hall performances of the 2005 Cream reunion are on Youtube...and well worth watching. Wink

#280: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:15 am
    ----
Well, not bad if you don't count twenty-five intervening years between decent tunes. Laughing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi-S9lrnLZ8

#281: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:59 am
    ----
Dang, great stuff!!!!!!!! Awesome "crunch" and that great sloppy meandering Neil Young style.

Hey, while we're on the old stuff and making suggestions for members of the Wild Sau All Star Band, I wanna throw this out there...

I know they were a pop band and all, but the lyrics to this song are so intricate and tongue-twisting (try memorizing all the lines sometime) and Jim Yester does such a GREAT job of handling the tune...while also handling rhythm guitar duties, mind you....after seeing this live version, which I think absolutely kicks butt even tho it is a pop song, I nominate him for singer/rhythm guitarist.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KHzYLzpEHQ

Guy doing the intro, Terry Kirkman, played with Zappa before the Mothers Of Invention days, which kind of shows through in his unique presentation....

If interested, here's the lyrics broken down with the studio version....listen to it a coupla times and go back to the live version to truly appreciate it...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro3BC-e_XPo

Bop-doo-wow!

#282: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:15 am
    ----
...and this one goes out to all the Stoopy's out there.

"Speachless....just speachless"

#283: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:54 am
    ----
Only got to the first verse and my breakfast has been completely ruined. You OWE me a bowl of Raisin Bran.

Good gawd I have now seen hell......

You are an evil man. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

#284: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:55 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
Only got to the first verse and my breakfast has been completely ruined. You OWE me a bowl of Raisin Bran.

Good gawd I have now seen hell......

You are an evil man. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

But the shoes, Man....the shoes! And OMG matching white pants!

The guitar and bass player look to be just reveling in this gig, knocking out those awesome licks!

#285: Re: Track of the day.... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:09 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout

The guitar and bass player look to be just reveling in this gig, knocking out those awesome licks!

Coincidentally I saw Ritchie Blackmore live once (when he was with Rainbow) and note he played a white Strat...I seem to recall the guitarist had a white Strat-like guitar, but I'm NOT going back to double-check!

Hey man, where did your other post with the link to the other Association song go to? I was saving that to check it out (I don't get as much time here as I used to)....bummer!

Don't tell me Pat got to you and you deleted it due to the sinful partying-in-the-van reference!!!!! DUDE IT'S OKAY!!!!

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum