U.S. Heavy Tanks
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: U.S. Heavy Tanks Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:55 pm
    ----
Stopped by and took some 'new' photos.

Here are a couple of interesting shots of possible RN & SN stamps on the T29E3.

oppps,...more to follow

Don

#17: Re: U.S. Heavy Tanks Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:36 pm
    ----
Dont think so... Older era RNs like that for the T29 were just numbers, no letters - and a long sequence at that. Letter-number-letter RNs didnt start until the 1960s or so...

Neil

#18: Re: U.S. Heavy Tanks Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:24 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Dont think so... Older era RNs like that for the T29 were just numbers, no letters - and a long sequence at that. Letter-number-letter RNs didnt start until the 1960s or so...

Neil

Wasn't sure, but perhaps this is a valid SN? There wasn't any weld SN's on the underside front slope, like many of the other Experimental Heavies, so might this sequence be something?

BTW: How many 29E3's were made?

#19: Re: U.S. Heavy Tanks Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:38 am
    ----
Sorry, doesnt match up to anything to me. We already know the T29E3 is SN 8, RN 30162841. It was the only T29 modified to a T29E3 - IOW the only T29E3.

Neil

#20: Re: U.S. Heavy Tanks Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:07 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
Sorry, doesnt match up to anything to me. We already know the T29E3 is SN 8, RN 30162841. It was the only T29 modified to a T29E3 - IOW the only T29E3.

Neil

Cool. I'm behind on the learning curve and trying to make up ground.

OAN:(On Another Note)
I'm editing some comparison images on the T28, soon to be posted.

Also got some misc changes (vehicle 'shell game') annotated (and photographed) from todays 'recon' mission.

More to follow
Don

#21: Re: U.S. Heavy Tanks Author: binder001 PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:32 pm
    ----
While on the subject of the postwar US heavy tanks;

1) The current issue of Finescale Modeler has a nice kitbashing article on building the T32 from Pershing parts.

2) As part of the above, magazine subscribers can download some scale drawings of T32 on a PDF.

3) There are some interesting PR photos of the T95/T28 at APG that are part of the Life collection that has started showing up on Google.

Gary

#22: Re: U.S. Heavy Tanks Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:37 pm
    ----
On the another continent, 5 years before... Laughing Cool

#23: Re: U.S. Heavy Tanks Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:36 am
    ----
Here's a thread that might interest you all.

www.network54.com/Foru...T34+protos

#24: Re: U.S. Heavy Tanks Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:30 pm
    ----
Don,
You know what would be good - is if you could find some stampings on the T28, to try to resolve whether its the first or second prototype. SN should be 1 or 2, but even an RN would help - although the latter usually arent stamped...

BTW, I didnt get to see the T30 like I had hoped, but did find M60A0 SN 17...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board