If anyone's interested...
-> Officer's Club

#1: If anyone's interested... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:50 pm
    ----
I haven't done anything for a few months and felt it was time to resume (Bushy's fault).
So, last Saturday, I published a new track called, "Dividing Wall".

In under two days it reached number 40 in the Rock chart (out of 160,000), and number 7 in the Rock/Instrumental sub-chart (out of 20,000).

Here's a direct link if you want to hear it.
Hint: click on the "Play Hifi" button. Mr. Green

soundclick.com/share?songid=7124310
(You can also follow it's chart progress on this page.)

It starts off slow but warms up.
Feat. piano, drums, guitars, fretless bass, and an awful lot of synths.
I'm slowly getting away from my old habit of structuring for vocals.

#2: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:52 pm
    ----
Dang tree rat, you are really good. I like your stuff. We may have to let you live after all ( though it's against my better judgement :-)) I plan on listenng a lot more
Piney

#3: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:50 am
    ----

This morning (after two and a half days) it's up to:-
Number 12 in the Rock chart (from 162,000)
and
Number 4 in the Rock/Instrumental sub chart (from 21,000).

And some guy on MySpace asked if he could buy 'my album'.
lol

But, WOOHOO!

#4: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: 401RCAF_JelLocation: Hiding in Sherwood Forest PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:52 pm
    ----
Cushty Shades great track!!

#5: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:27 pm
    ----
Very nice Shades! For some reason the player wouldn't run in Linux so I booted into (well you know..lol) and listened to it.

I thought it sounded a lot like Jan Hammer, who's music I haven't heard in a while. Wink

#6: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:39 am
    ----
Shades you underachiever!

Bush reminds me of hammer-alan parsons mix mate

Shades, mellow man, thanks for turning us on to your work.

#7: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:40 am
    ----
We'll all be saying we knew him back when...

Piney

PS any chance of getting backstage passes???

#8: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:58 am
    ----
lol
Madison's sold out.
You can try for Central Park.
If you bring the right nuts.
And lots of 'em.

Down to number 5 today - the glory days are over.
*sniff* Sad

Wink

#9: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:48 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Very nice Shades! For some reason the player wouldn't run in Linux so I booted into (well you know..lol) and listened to it.

I thought it sounded a lot like Jan Hammer, who's music I haven't heard in a while. Wink

Huh - The player ran fine on my Ubuntu Linux machine

#10: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:00 pm
    ----
I got two albums by Jan Hamer and Neil Schon.
I can't play 'em because I lose track of time so bad, lock me up an throw away the key.

#11: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:32 pm
    ----
Bob, I upgraded to the new LinuxMint (Based on Ubuntu's v8.10) that's out and , I can hear it now in Linux.. Smile

Slow, I agree. Wink

Shades, I can hear that influence too..... Smile

#12: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:42 pm
    ----
Down to number 9 today.
I may have to sell the M.C. Shades mansion this weekend to stay afloat!

#13: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:29 pm
    ----
LMAO... Keep us 'in the loop' on how that goes...lol

#14: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:26 am
    ----
Saw this post earlier in the week and wanted to wait until I got home from travel to give it a listen on some decent speakers other than my laptop.

Was worth the wait! Very nice tune Shades, really smooth feel to it, and the synthesized guitar sound (my apologies, as I'm no expert on this stuff) was really choice.

I think the high chart location is very well deserved!

#15: Re: If anyone's interested... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:52 am
    ----
Thanks guys.
I'm glad people seem to have enjoyed it.
Yes Stoop, it was synthesized.
Normally, as a guitarist, I try and make it sound more realistic.
This time I went a long way over the top and played it like a keyboard.
That's why it's gone kind of 'Jan Hammer', as others picked up on.

It's down to 23 today, I'm definitely going to need my day job.

-> Officer's Club