Browser Security Test Results; what are you using?
-> Software

#1: Browser Security Test Results; what are you using? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:53 pm
    ----
While most of us use the default browser on the operating system on our computer, it's handy information to know how safe it is. Read on for more info...

- E-Week
A test of the security of password managers in Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Apple Safari, Opera and Mozilla Firefox finds all five browsers do a poor job of protecting user passwords. Opera and Firefox receive the best marks, but pass only seven of 21 tests performed by Chapin Information Services. Google Chrome and Safari pass only two tests.

A test by IT consulting company Chapin Information Services has turned attention toward what is perhaps an undervalued element of browser security—password management.

The company took a look at all the major browsers: Internet Explorer 7, Opera 9.62, Firefox 3.04, Safari 3.2 and Google Chrome. According to the study, each browser was susceptible to a number of vulnerabilities that could expose password information. Of the five, Opera Software's Opera and Mozilla Firefox fared the best—meaning they passed seven of the 21 tests. Internet Explorer passed five tests, while Google Chrome and Apple Safari passed only two.

I use Firefox and Opera 99% of the time and I have to say I'm quite pleased with how both stay up with Web Standards and features. Smile

To read the full article, CLICK HERE!

#2: Re: Browser Security Test Results; what are you using? Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:53 pm
    ----
Firefox is my default browser, the only time I use IE is when I access a M$ site as they object to third party browsers.

Any web sites/pages I design are for Firefox initially and then alter the coding to make them IE compatible.

#3: Re: Browser Security Test Results; what are you using? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:38 pm
    ----
You can also get password protection facilites in security app's; ie. (and only because I use it) some Norton bundles.

-> Software