JG-300-Chili W. 5C reporting for duty...SAU!
-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum

#1: JG-300-Chili W. 5C reporting for duty...SAU! Author: JG300-ChiliLocation: Charlotte, North Carolina PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:25 am
    ----
Ello Ello Gents... SuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuWeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Long time no see!

Sorry for the sudden hiatus and dropping off as I did.
Not even sure how or why... I've never been much on the tech end of the smarts scale... so once the CfS-3 quit recognizing my I.P. addy and I couldn't join the online fracus anymore... (not that I wasn't getting fed up with the rubber banded trigger fliers) Just sort of became distracted and let my free time escape me. (Coupled with a new girlfriend moving in...) Good news... She's a first year law student so I rarely see her and I'm needing to stretch my ailerons!! Where's the action these days!? I've picked up IL-2 again and still can't seem to get an online function to work... though, given the hours of stick time I've logged in campaign modes...I figure I might be a useful lure if I can get it sorted out. Would love to gas up the clouds with you guys again! If you'll have me back?!

How's everyone doing?! What have I missed?! Tried scanning through the past year of posts... Got dizzy three in... went for another beer instead.

Anyhow... I'll be in the skies as best technology will allow, Hope to catch you fellas soon.

Warmest regards,
Chili W.

#2: Re: JG-300-Chili W. 5C reporting for duty...SAU! Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:20 am
    ----
Hey Chili! You may have been gone, but not forgotten...as you can see by the banners still in use. Wink

You've got a lot of catch-up reading to do, and we don't get to fly and skirmish as a unit much, but we're still stanky!

Welcome home!

#3: Re: JG-300-Chili W. 5C reporting for duty...SAU! Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:45 am
    ----
CHILI DUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!

Damn good to see ya! Congrats on the new girlfriend!

Well CFS3 bit the big one for EVERYBODY since Microsoft took their servers down about this time last year due to a "Security patch" needing to be applied to 'em, and then they never came back.....I guess the easiest way to address any potential security concern is to shut 'em down and put 'em out in the dumpster. Bastids!

So yeah besides the civilian flight sim thing, a few of us decided to give ol' IL2 a shot and we actually got together a few times. Dan736 and WilliFocke and I flew online a time or two. Heck there was even a Com-Central get-together online with it that was a real blast, we had like 20-30 people or so, doing air racing and free-for-all dogfighting, The multiplayer interface is way different and requires an add-on program called "Hyperlobby". The in-game online option is a waste of time. There's stuff in the private forum about it and we'll get ya up to speed.

As for this bit....

- JG300-Chili
If you'll have me back?!

We never worked like that.....once a swine always a swine and no excuses or apologies are ever needed....you're welcome back any time when you can, fair enough?

I took advantage of this myself and adios'ed for a few months when extreme burnout hit me. Was very beneficial to get caught back up on real life and work and get my head out of simming for a while. Life happens.

Winter is here and with it hopefully comes more time to play inside and I've fired up IL2 a couple of times to get the feel back. I'd DIG getting together with you online sometime soon, and making a big ol' stank on a server somewhere, and there are some very good ones out there.

Great to see ya!

#4: Re: JG-300-Chili W. 5C reporting for duty...SAU! Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:56 am
    ----
Hey Chili!

Good to see ya back. Been getting back into IL2 myself and would like to hook up with some Saus. Haven't done the online thing yet but looking to get set up.

-> JG300 Wild Sau Gruppe Public Forum