Happy Holidays
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Happy Holidays Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:58 pm
    ----

Piney

#2: Re: Happy Holidays Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:42 pm
    ----
Same to you and your family and everyone else here....

#3: Re: Happy Holidays Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:35 pm
    ----
Continuing a tradition of sorts,....

Regards
Don

#4: Re: Happy Holidays Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:28 pm
    ----
I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy and healthy 2009 for you and youre family!

Regards,
Lesley

#5: Re: Happy Holidays Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:01 pm
    ----
Season's greetings to everyone!

#6: Re: Happy Holidays Author: blair PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:40 am
    ----
I want to wish a safe and happy holiday to everyone.

I especially want to thank all of you who have given your service to your country so that we can all enjoy these days in peace and freedom.

#7: Re: Happy Holidays Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:00 am
    ----
All the best to the AFV Forum members. My thanks go out to George Bradford for making this community possible.

This Christmas is a whole lot less business-like than last year's. Sleeping in my own bed, next to Mrs. Maple Leaf, having our son nearby and not having to 'strap on' every waking hour.

#8: Re: Happy Holidays Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:29 am
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
All the best to the AFV Forum members. My thanks go out to George Bradford for making this community possible.

This Christmas is a whole lot less business-like than last year's. Sleeping in my own bed, next to Mrs. Maple Leaf, having our son nearby and not having to 'strap on' every waking hour.

Makes for better Christmas when you can have family nearby, AND without being 'strapped' all waking hours.

Welcome Home!

Regards
Don

#9: Re: Happy Holidays Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:13 am
    ----

Once again brave men and women all around the globe risk and give all to ensure our safety and peace, once again men and women are separated from their loved ones over the holidays to make the streets safe, fight fires, render medical aid, provide transport and many other services, many without hearing just a simple "thank you" for their efforts and all of them not expecting it, but taking pride in their chosen profession.

In the upcoming days, please spare a minute to include all of the aforementioned in your thoughts and - if you are a religious person- in your prayers, and maybe you can find time to show your appreciation for a service we usually take for granted in the coming year.

Frohe Weihnachten, Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noël, Feliz Navidad, Buon Natale, Feliz Natal, Wesoych wit, C P, srecan bozic, vesele vianoce, sretan Boi, glædelig jul, veselé Vánoce, Vrolijk Kerstfeest, God Jul, Felican Kristnaskon, Nadolig Llawen, Zorionak eta urte berri on, Linksmu sventu Kaledu, Selamat Natal, Kia ora, Christmas Alegre, Mele Kalikimaka.

... Or simply Happy Festivus or happy holidays and a very happy, prosperous, healthy and joyous new year 2009.

Many thanks to George for providing this playground for cantankerous CIA fellows

Jens O.
who once again did not find the time for individual greetings

#10: Re: Happy Holidays Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 pm
    ----
Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all the members of this forum and their relatives.

Once again you guys provided new information and really nice photos and that's really great. It's always a pleasure to glance through this particular forum.

By the way, what is a "CIA fellow"? I often see that expression and don't understand it..

Pierre-Olivier

#11: Re: Happy Holidays Author: palic PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:54 pm
    ----
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all here and to all servicemen and servicewomen who spend these days either in a hilly A-stan and sandy I-q or in a bit safer destinations, like Kosovo or Bosnia.

Safe trip home for every single of them at the end of their tour.

#12: Re: Happy Holidays Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:55 pm
    ----
Hi Shaddock

around here the CIA is Crumegeons In Armor. ther are patch patterns and Patterns for shirt decals available in the download section HTH

Piney

#13: Re: Happy Holidays Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:18 am
    ----
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all on this wonderful site. I don't post as often as I used to but I do check in quite a bit to check on things. I also turned a ripe 46 years old on Christmas Day and the wife celebrated her birthday a week earlier on the 18th, so between those two birthdays and Christmas for 9 and 14 year old boys, we've been quite busy.
May everyones Armor hunting be fine and if there are ever any requests for Fort Hood pictures, just shoot me an e-mail.

#14: Re: Happy Holidays Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:18 am
    ----
- the_shadock

By the way, what is a "CIA fellow"? I often see that expression and don't understand it..

Pierre-Olivier

P-O...a CIA Agent here is a "Curmudgeon In Armor"...a generally older, cantankerous fellow of strong opinions and sometimes stronger breath and body odor depending on his personal habits. More a frame of mind than strictly age-determined. If you have the requisite inflexibility of view, aren't easily influenced by modern technology, and like to know the number of rivets on a particular model or wear-plate specs and unauthorized envelopes of performance for a given vehicle, then you may qualify.

Given your age as weighed against your contributions, I'd say you have a pretty good chance of being accepted among the group while certain, loosely-defined parameters are waived by most members. This assumes you'd even want to be pigeon-holed in that category, but that is an entirely personal decision.

The life of a CIA member is not one without sacrifice, and that should be stated up front. Especially if you have a wife or g/f who places a lot of demands on your time. This can be critical, in fact.

-> AFV News Discussion Board