Jacques Littlefield
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Jacques Littlefield Author: ddoyle PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:57 pm
    ----
Sadly, I was just informed that Jacques succumbed this morning to his cancer. The world has lost a superbly nice guy - and the hobby a giant.

Regards,
David Doyle

#2: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: zundappukLocation: Behind the Westwall, really! PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:27 pm
    ----
David,

I am truly saddened to hear this news.

Although I never met him we emailed and and spoke on the phone a number of times (I helped him get the SdKfz 7). I managed to visit the collection two years ago almost to the day when on a business trip to the US. He had done a stunning job, his foundation will be a fitting memorial.

David Reay

#3: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:29 pm
    ----
Wow... Sorry to hear that, truly a giant...

Any idea if the collection stay together?

Chris, any thoughts?

Neil

#4: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:43 pm
    ----
In tribute to Jacques Littlefield, here's info on him from the MVTF website:
www.milvehtechfound.co...story.html

and the Forbes article on him from 2001:
www.forbes.com/forbes/...4/074.html

Neil

#5: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: vmmv1Location: virginia PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:51 pm
    ----
I have been told that the collection will stay together by Jacques wish. The foundation will run it.

#6: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:05 am
    ----
Truly saddened to hear of this news. He was the most gracious of hosts when I had occasion to visit back in '03 and showed enormous personal interest in my project and experiences. Incredibly generous with his time and the most unassuming person for his station that I've ever encountered.

His contribution to preserving armor history is beyond measure. He will be missed.

#7: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:35 am
    ----
The Armor community has lost a real friend Crying or Very sad ,

His collection will remain though, since he had the foresight to set up a foundation to keep it together. Hopefully, along with what they will maintain, they will continue to collect and rescue AFV's like he did.

Joe D

#8: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:58 am
    ----
Very sad news indeed. Sad Sad My heartfelt condolences go out to his family.

I owe Jacques so much!! Without the way he allowed me to crawl all over his vehicles, I'd never have been able to do any of my photo stuff the way I do now! He always treated me and my 8 year old daughter very well. Always pleasant and oh so enthusiastic. He will be greatly missed by me and many others.

Although he'd been fighting cancer for several years, he looked and sounded real good when I last saw him at the beginning of December. However, Mike Green called me this past Saturday to give me the head's up that things had gone South and that Jacques didn't have much longer.

It is hoped that the foundation will run the show. As I hear more, I'll let you guys know.

Last edited by toadmanstankpictures on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:50 am; edited 2 times in total

#9: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:01 am
    ----
This is truly sad news.

#10: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:33 am
    ----
Sad

#11: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: palic PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:44 am
    ----
Such a great man. He will be missed.

#12: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:20 am
    ----
A very sad day for the armor community

Michel

#13: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:53 am
    ----
This saddens me deeply. I've exchanged emails with him on a couple of issues and he always answered graciously and always with a repeated accompanying invitation too visit and view the collection. I will at some time visit the collection and I will honor the man who built and developed it.

He got to drive the Panther, albeit without a turret, but it was moving on its own power with him behind the sticks. He once said that the completed vehicle was not as much fun as the work in progress so from that perspective as "nearly finished" the Panther must have been perfect.

He will be remembered.

#14: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: Jens_O_MehnerLocation: Giessen, Germany PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:06 pm
    ----
Hand salute, Mr Littlefield, and godspeed on your journey to the Great Proving Ground. Sad

#15: Re: Jacques Littlefield Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:32 pm
    ----
A sad day indeed.

-> AFV News Discussion Board