Anybody know this?
-> Officer's Club

#1: Anybody know this? Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:37 pm
    ----
If you have ever seen the heritage flight at an airshow... *which is a P-51 and a F-15* *or aircraft like that* they always play the same song, it has the words "Keep 'em flying" and stuff about airplanes and pilots fighting in it, I have searched but I cant find the name of it. if anyone knows this, please tell! thanks.

#2: Re: Anybody know this? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:42 pm
    ----
I don't know it!

But (not to hijack a thread) I had a similar problem this last Friday...it's a Mexican Mariachi tune or something, it goes like this (and I don't know about the spelling or words exactly)..

Guantonamera,
She got a guantonamera,
She got a guannnn-tonnnnnnnn-a-merrrrrrrrrrrrra,
she got a guantonamera.....

Sound familiar to anyone?

#3: Re: Anybody know this? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:54 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy
I don't know it!

But (not to hijack a thread) I had a similar problem this last Friday...it's a Mexican Mariachi tune or something, it goes like this (and I don't know about the spelling or words exactly)..

Guantonamera,
She got a guantonamera,
She got a guannnn-tonnnnnnnn-a-merrrrrrrrrrrrra,
she got a guantonamera.....

Sound familiar to anyone?

Nah, Man....it's "One ton tomato....I want a one ton tomato...one ton tomaaaaaaaaaato....I want a one ton tomaaaato."

It's OK...people misunderstand lyrics all the time...like in "Purple Haze". Wink

#4: Re: Anybody know this? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:17 pm
    ----
AHH! I remember seeing a movie about those big tomaters, rolling down streets and over people and stuff...musta been where the tune stuck in my head came from, thanks!

(Psssst- dude, you might wanna edit your post - you're talking about the Hendrix tune "Purple Grapes".
"Purple Grapes......They're In My Fries....Don't Know....if they're Seasoned Right...")

Sorry Mustang.....hope you get your answer too!

#5: Re: Anybody know this? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:30 pm
    ----
Hey Mustang,

You're right, this is HARD to find out! But....think I might have a lead for ya:

Go here, and check the name of the song they're talkin' about, called "We Remember"
www.airshows.org/phpBB...=4118&

Now go here and check this vid out:
homepage.mac.com/light...ater9.html

(That should play the movie "Heritage Flight" for ya).....is that the song?

Edit: Dang. Just finished watching that whole video. Very moving. Musta been awe-inspiring in real life.

Holy Cow....be sure to watch the movie "For Elvis" also....hard not to get choked up at the end.

#6: Re: Anybody know this? Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:14 pm
    ----
That vid is supurb... and yes, that is the song.

I believe the author of it is Dwayne O’Brien...

www.acespilotshop.com/..._pilot.htm

#7: Re: Anybody know this? Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:43 pm
    ----
great! thats it! Many thanks stoopy! Laughing

#8: Re: Anybody know this? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:54 pm
    ----
S! and anytime Mustang....'twas the least I could do after hijacking your thread for some laughs...(even tho I really AM looking for that song so if anyone has some leads it'd be appreciated.....would be a cool little surf tune if transposed to git-tar)

#9: Re: Anybody know this? Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:52 pm
    ----
Wow... it's times like watching that vid that I begin to wonder why I want to be a corporate pilot, and not an airshow pilot... Rolling Eyes Oh well... Someday!

#10: Re: Anybody know this? Author: RAF92_MustangLocation: Just another walk in the clouds. PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:53 pm
    ----
I would give anything in the world to enter the warbird airshow circuit... no joke. It is most deffinitly a life long dream.

-> Officer's Club