Windows 7 ...
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Software

#16: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:35 am
    ----
It certainly has a few quirks...LOL
I was watching an AVI file using the media player, after about 10 minutes it crashed with a BSD.
Repeated the fault three times so I sent feedback in. Shocked

#17: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:07 am
    ----
- Shadow_Bshwackr
Example: Windows 7 Firewall. The good news is it's very configurable, but for the life of me, I couldn't find a way to shut it off. There's times when you need to do that as a test.

You'll kick yourself when I tell you it's from the control panel. Mr. Green

#18: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:14 am
    ----
LOL..., I forgot to mention I found the Firewall settings AND..you can disable it...lol DOH! For the life of me I didn't see the link... Shocked

Things that are working for me...

Spybot 1.6, Glary Utilities, AVG, Mgrab, CFS1, CFS2, FS9 (full screen mode only), FSX with Accel, all COD versions, TeamSpeak, FShost Client. FireFox and TightVNC. I'm sure I'll be trying other programs, but for me, 7 has already proved better than Vista and it's in Beta...lol

#19: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:21 pm
    ----
*whispers* how 'bout your old M$ FFB2?

#20: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:06 pm
    ----
I wish my old FFB2 still worked but alas, it's went up in a puff of smoke a long time ago... Sad

I use a Saitek X52 now and it works fine in 7 (other than the typical sloppy engineering Saitek uses...lol)

#21: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:23 pm
    ----
Ah well... *sigh*

#22: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:04 pm
    ----
Hey Kit.. CLICK HERE! Wink

It seems as if boot.ini file is no longer used and this is one sweet tool (AND FREE... )

#23: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:28 pm
    ----
Yeah, I got that software a while back when I did a dual boot on a mates computer, XP & Vista.

Think I'm going to dual boot the laptop until M$ bring out a patch for W7.

#24: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:57 pm
    ----
I used that tool to 'fix' the XP/7 Windows boot options as well as SuperGrub to fix the Linux Boot menu. I now have the computer set to boot:

GRUB/Linux/Windows/Windows7 or XP.

I actually have two XP's on one partition too. One is a clean install and the other one I've 'tweaked' some. I have to say it's really nice having 4 fully functional stable OS' on one machine. As long as the HD's hold up, it gives you hope you can get your files back in case of disaster... Wink

#25: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:10 am
    ----
For all who are still running W7 Beta that was available earlier this year and is due to expire in August, M$ just sent out this e-mail...

the Beta expires on August 1, 2009. On June 1, 2009, the PC you’re using to test the Beta will begin shutting down every two hours

So you can't even get the last two month out of it before it dies completely.

Of course the W7 RC is available now and valid till next year.

#26: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:39 am
    ----
Thanks Kit...

#27: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:39 pm
    ----
Link to W7 RC please? Wink

#28: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:32 am
    ----
M$ have the dates wrong... Shocked Shocked Shocked

They now say the W7 Beta version will start to shut down 1st July, not June as originally posted.
The W7 RC will start to shut down 1st March 2010, expiring 1st June 2010

There you go Homey...
www.microsoft.com/wind...nload.aspx

#29: Re: Windows 7 ... Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:12 pm
    ----
plonking away happelly here with W7 RC1 64bit, just installed the new vidcard, no problemo, the only thing I encoutered was with the soundcard W7 couldn't find the drivers, went over to the Creative site and found W7 Beta drivers, installed them and all sound is sound again Smile
Another thing that crept up was initially after I installed W7 was that I couldn't go back to XP, but with bushy's guidance and link for a darned handy tooly things got resolved and I must say fsX work a treat with W7 and some more memory Smile

-> Software