Rodion made it again!
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: Rodion made it again! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:56 am
    ----
I still don't recover completely from the emotion of the graduation night I spent to get my IL2/PF Basic Flight School's pilot's wings. I've been up since 2am and the whole session lasted more than three hours, but I felt so excited that after that I couldn't go to sleep! Cool

All along the three weeks of sessions, Instructors tought me to take off and (hear hear) land, ATC procedure, flying at night-time, aerobatic manoeuvres, formation flying (you wouldn't believe listening to me giving orders to the class-mates!), wingman tactics, ground attack, and a lot of other things. Mr. Green

At the end of the final ceremony, I received my certificate, and as supplementary surprise I got a special ribbon as "Most Improved Cadet" - I'm sure it refers to the fact that since lessons three I stopped writing off planes Wink

I know most of you feel like they have nothing to learn anymore, but this is an experience I suggest to everybody interested in combat flying... and apart from that, it's great fun! Cool

Marco

#2: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: NS38th_AristaeusLocation: Pensacola, FL. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:45 am
    ----
~S~ and CONGRATS

#3: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:43 am
    ----
Thats great news Marco!! Congrats on your graduation!!! (The rest of us will feel safer now as you come in to land...lol) Wink

#4: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 5:45 am
    ----
Congrats Marco.....

#5: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:23 am
    ----
Rolling Eyes

Does this maen that now the ATC only once has to tell you the data for landing ?? Laughing

Congratulations Marco !!

fled
Wink

#6: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: RCAF_MadDog PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:31 am
    ----
Congrats Marco

#7: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: SpostaLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:57 am
    ----
Congrats Marco!

#8: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: RCAF_WingnutLocation: Omaha, Ne. PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:19 pm
    ----
Mr. Green Congratulations Marco! I for one know what you are feeling. I felt the same way when I graduated from the CFS BFS over a year ago. I went on to teach the course, and have seen the cadets that I taught go through the same thing time and time again. That ribbon means that the instructors felt that of all the cadets in your class, you had made the most improvement from the skills you had to what you have now. I personnally have seen cadets that didn't have a clue on how to fly and especially land to seasoned pro's. I had one cadet that crashed every time he tried to land for the first 3 sessions. I worked with him for hours. He worked with a couple of his class mates for hours as well, and finally he was able to make his first landing. He was so overjoyed at his accomplishment that he celebrated. His comments after he graduated about me were those that a saint would deserve. I congratualated him on his accompleshment. He went on to become an accomplished pilot in JO, and even became an instructor in several planes there, all because I wouldn't give up on him. It was a proud moment when I was able to present him with his certificate at the graduation exercise and he too earned the most improved cadet award.

You've done well, Marco, and I look forward to flying with you again. Like you said, I highly reccommend JO to anyone I talk to, that flys in flight sims. The training that you get, is valuable, and can be useful in any flight sim. The instructors teach about what makes a plane fly, the forces involved, and how to use them to the best advantage. They teach the different planes, and how to make use of their unique handling properties, and the maneuvers that the plane makes. Flying is different from driving. Many people think in 2 dimensions, where those of us that fly have to think in 3d. The best part about JO is the members. The skills they have, are as diverse as the people, from many countries, cultures, and backgrounds. What I love about JO is the freeness of those people to share their skills with those who want to learn. I'll give one example. There is one officer called FireSalamander. She is the only female in JO, not that we wouldn't welcome more, and she is one of the hottest flghter pilots I know. I never like to fly on a team that is opposed to the one she is on. She will get on her oppositions tail and flame him in short order. I know, I've been her victim many times. When she teaches you how to do what she doesin that plane, you know you are learning from an expert, and she loves to teach those skills. To give a small hint of background on her, she is a professional engineer and works with computers daily.

Again Congratulations Marco on the graduation.

#9: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:24 am
    ----
Thank you all very much, Gents!

Yes, Wingnut, I can witness what you say is sheer truth: one of the things that make JO great is the fact you always find somebody eager to help. The consequence is that you feel spurred to make the same with the new recruits too.

I didn't know FireSalamander was a female-pilot. In my past as a simmer, I met only two more, and they were both extremely skilled and feared, so I'm not surprised at what you say; who knows, it may also happen I need to take some lessons from her!

Well, now have to start practising on my grade 1: don't want to be unprepared Wink

Marco

#10: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: CS_Crimson PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:32 am
    ----
~S~ Rodion,

As I recall you joined my squad once in a mission with the OBs a long time ago. I hope I am one of those female pilots you were referring to Smile

I personally know quite a few woman pilots and I think there are more of us out there than the guys realize, they just assume its a guy shooting them down.

Can't say that I have flown against FireSalamander, but I bet she's a troublemaker for the guys.

Crimson

#11: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:37 am
    ----
Hey Crimson..good to see you here.

#12: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:56 am
    ----
~S~ Crimson, and welcome to Com-Central!

You're correct, I was referring to you: in the circumstance, before meeting you, we were briefed to be particularly careful, and they underlined it was not a simple invitation to speak politely, but instead more a matter of keeping alive Wink

Hope to meet you again soon, possibly not at my six Mr. Green
Smile
Marco

#13: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: Fifties PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:57 am
    ----
~S~ Marco,

Congratulations Sir! FireSalamander will look forward to seeing you again. She helps teach the Advanced Pilot School and also Instructs the Advanced Fighter School. You may have encountered her flying skills before online as Crimson. Outstanding Pilot! You are getting there too Marco. Salute Sir! ~S~

#14: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: Fifties PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:00 am
    ----
~S~ All,

Oooops! Sorry Fire. Let the cat out of the bag LOL. You'll probably NEVER get to fly against yourself LMAO although I've caught you talking to yourself from time to time LOL

#15: Re: Rodion made it again! Author: Uhu_RodionLocation: L'Aquila, Italy PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:05 am
    ----
~S~ ... LOL!

I'll make as I missed what has been unveiled right now.
Wink

Marco

-> Officer's Club