"Vroom, vroom....blub, blub, blub, blub...."
-> Officer's Club

#1: "Vroom, vroom....blub, blub, blub, blub...." Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:10 am
    ----
Your sound.....UP!

V12's are nice in their way, but so are the V8's. (and most of the several Lola T70's are probably punched-out small block Chevy's).

But what's not to like about a Lake-piped, race-prepped 427? (that you can hear over other cars from like, four cars away)

#2: Re: "Vroom, vroom....blub, blub, blub, blub...." Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:06 pm
    ----
Absolutely fantastic,

Growing up in Europe (68-73) these were the cars every kid saw and wanted. Still have my 1/32 scale slot car track from then with the now vintage cars.

#3: Re: "Vroom, vroom....blub, blub, blub, blub...." Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:43 pm
    ----
Yep, I was hooked on big blocks the first time I 'side stepped' the clutch on a '69 SS Chevelle.

I had done some engine work in the way of installing a new cam, pistons, intake and carb for a client. (I always had small blocks) and when I took that baby out and 'let 'er rip', I was a big block fan from that time on...lol I built a 402 and THEN...I got into rear end gears and ratios and header tube lengths and sizes . WHOA...talk about fun!

#4: Re: "Vroom, vroom....blub, blub, blub, blub...." Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:28 am
    ----
yep, used to tool in a 66 chevelle 396 (spun main bearings too often tho'), but mostly mouse motors instead of the rats (302 with 2.02 fuelie heads myy fav - nothing like banging gears in a v-8 at 8000 rpm) and who can forget Jungle Jim (and Jungle Pam) trying to keep the chevy cool when those hemis kept doing burn outs (would not stage trying to blow his chevy engine)...

#5: Re: "Vroom, vroom....blub, blub, blub, blub...." Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:22 am
    ----
- HF_SlowHand
yep, used to tool in a 66 chevelle 396 (spun main bearings too often tho'), but mostly mouse motors instead of the rats (302 with 2.02 fuelie heads myy fav - nothing like banging gears in a v-8 at 8000 rpm) and who can forget Jungle Jim (and Jungle Pam) trying to keep the chevy cool when those hemis kept doing burn outs (would not stage trying to blow his chevy engine)...

Sounds like you might have had the version with the 2-bolt mains. 396's intended for super duty (higher state of tune and H.P.) came with the 4-bolt version, though you probably already know this.

IIRC, the 325 H.P. versions came with the 2-bolts and 375 H.P. (and up, in bigger "rat motors" like 427 and 454) came with the 4-bolt.

'66 and '67 Chevelles were the best lookin' ever made. I didn't care much for GM "A" body cars after '67, they tended to look porky (but many were very fast as the horsepower wars escalated).

-> Officer's Club