"Stuart" & "Firepower" by Hunnicutt
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: "Stuart" & "Firepower" by Hunnicutt Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:10 pm
    ----
Starting to see these books going off in the $300 range on ebay.Seems there are at least 1 of each being listed every week. Going to get them for me at this price.

#2: Re: "Stuart" & "Firepower" by Hunnicutt Author: rexross PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:30 pm
    ----
Try Amazon and Abe Books too.

#3: Re: "Stuart" & "Firepower" by Hunnicutt Author: T26E4 PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:14 pm
    ----
If you've waited this long, try this: I put in "hunnicutt stuart" into the search function of www.bookfinder.com and bookmarked the page. I checked this site daily for about a year. One day, a UK bookseller listed a copy for US$35 (with shipping for about $15)

Needless to say, I was VERY HAPPY when that package arrived!

#4: Re: "Stuart" & "Firepower" by Hunnicutt Author: T26E4 PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:17 pm
    ----
Ummm... I just checked and there's one copy of Stuart that was just sold for $79 the other day.

There's also a link to "firepower" from ecampus.com that says it's to be republished? I hadn't heard that. Maybe worth an email inquiry about this one.

Bookfinder is better than Amazon and Abebooks because it incorporates both of them.

#5: Re: "Stuart" & "Firepower" by Hunnicutt Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:41 pm
    ----
Thanks for the heads up. I will try them out.

#6: Re: "Stuart" & "Firepower" by Hunnicutt Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:03 am
    ----
There is another book entitled Firepower from the late 1970's about European mercenaries mixed up in Angola right after its independance from Portugual. The story of Mad Mike Callan shooting some of his own men sticks in my mind. And on the other extreme, some Brit mechanics who asked their local helpers for a half barrel of oil. They returned with an industriously halved 55gal drum cut with a cold chisel and hammer.

-> AFV News Discussion Board