M60 Hot Springs AR
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M60 Hot Springs AR Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:04 am
    ----
Located at DeSoto Park,

M60

SN 878

Joe D

Finally got Electricity last night, Still cleaning up downed trees in my yard.

#2: Re: M60 Hot Springs AR Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:24 am
    ----
My wife's home town!

#3: Re: M60 Hot Springs AR Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:46 am
    ----
Decided to capture this one when I went to Little Rock AFB last week.

Didn't have enough time to go back to Camp Robinson, but will be in the area again soon.

Joe D

#4: Re: M60 Hot Springs AR Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:53 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Located at DeSoto Park,

M60

SN 878

Joe D

Finally got Electricity last night, Still cleaning up downed trees in my yard.

So ya'll had a few problems too??

I have significant tree fall on my 7 acres of property, Phone/cable lines down several days, Power loss for only 1 day, water out for 3 days & still dealing with a boil tap water declaration,.....got real lucky though!!

"Took a lickin' and we're still tickin'"

Don

#5: Re: M60 Hot Springs AR Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:14 am
    ----
Hey Don,

I was wondering about you. Heard Western Kentucky got it really bad. I went without juice for seven days but avoided any serious damage (other than my pecan trees). Good thing my house is set up with natural gas, so I had heat, hot water and able to cook. Not everyone was so lucky. My chainsaw got a serious workout, being the only one on the block. Picked up a wood chipper from my Sister-in-law in Louisiana yesterday to handle all the limbs. Seen the best and worst in people the last week. As usual, some took advantage of evacuated homes and added insult to injury. They didn't come 'round our neighborhood, think they knew better Wink .

Glad your OK,

Joe D

#6: Re: M60 Hot Springs AR Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:14 am
    ----
While you were in Hot Springs I hope you stopped by McLards for BBQ. Some of the best BBQ in the world!!

#7: Re: M60 Hot Springs AR Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:34 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Hey Don,

I was wondering about you. Heard Western Kentucky got it really bad.

Yeah, we're pretty much sittin' in the middle of the worst of it.

Thankfully, tomorrow schools will reopen for the first time since last Monday !! Shocked

My chainsaw got a serious workout, ...

I've worn out 2 chains, just trying to clear some of my downed trees. I figure I lost over 20 'medium growth' trees. Not including just countless tops and large branches. Will have plenty of wood for heat, if I had wood burning fire place.

Picked up a wood chipper from my Sister-in-law in Louisiana yesterday to handle all the limbs.

hey, feel like 'runnin' it up this way, I could use one of 'them thangs' Mr. Green

'ALL IS WELL !!'
Don

#8: Re: M60 Hot Springs AR Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:51 am
    ----
Didn't loose phone lines at all,

They are all below ground here, although a lot of people weren't smart enough to realize when you loose electricity the cordless phones quit. Had to get the old one out. Also lost cells for 5 days since the towers lost power.

BTW, sorry, can't give up the chipper Laughing

Joe D

#9: Re: M60 Hot Springs AR Author: SabotLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:46 pm
    ----
I am in Elizabethtown, never lost power, water, phone or even internet/cable. My neighbors just a few houses away lost power from Wednesday of last week until yesterday (Thursday).

Seems like there was little rhyme or reason as to where some of the outages occurred.

#10: Re: M60 Hot Springs AR Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:46 am
    ----
Rob,

Same here to some extent, It depended on how old the neighborhood was and how many older trees were around to fall on the lines. Newer neighborhoods came on line as quick as 24 hours when the main juice was restored. A lot had underground power lines. Was up around Kennett MO two days ago and in the rural areas miles of power poles were down. Many of those old wood poles were weak to start with, so the storm kinda was a "cleansing" in a way.

Joe D

#11: Re: M60 Hot Springs AR Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:21 am
    ----
- Sabot
I am in Elizabethtown, never lost power, water, phone or even internet/cable. My neighbors just a few houses away lost power from Wednesday of last week until yesterday (Thursday).

Seems like there was little rhyme or reason as to where some of the outages occurred.

Maybe it's the purity of spirit inspired by the local liquor laws? Laughing

-> AFV News Discussion Board