New show for you rotor heads
-> Officer's Club

#1: New show for you rotor heads Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:21 pm
    ----
Hey Hoppa this is right up your alley. Heli-loggers....
I saw the first episode last night. Man that is one tough job Shocked

tlc.discovery.com/tv/h...ggers.html

#2: Re: New show for you rotor heads Author: Shadow_HomfixrLocation: Fort Walton Beach, FL-USA PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:00 am
    ----
Hmm I get noth'n on that page but a TLC header Rolling Eyes . Is there suppose be a video there? Maybe it doesn't work with FF? Looked on the main page of TLC but didn't see any links to Heli loggers. Will try later.

#3: Re: New show for you rotor heads Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:21 am
    ----
Right-o here are some vids from the tube.... not from the show. In the show I watched they sent in a team of two loggers who had to find a stand of trees to be cut down. they were marked by the forest service. According to the comentator it is like trying to find a toothpick in a forest of toothpicks. When the two loggers finally found the stand of trees they only had 90 minutes to cut a landing area out of the forest to land their pick-up helicopter in. they had to cut down trees and make a landing pad for the helicopter to land on. Of course it was getting late in the day and fog was rolling in........ If they didn't get it done they would have to stay the night in the forest (British Columbia) with no servival gear.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajWBwRb7S7o
According to the show this chopper goes for 15,000.oo/hr

www.youtube.com/watch?...re=related

-> Officer's Club