Camp Roberts #1: XM723 T-BAT-II (Bradley) prototype
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Camp Roberts #1: XM723 T-BAT-II (Bradley) prototype Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:52 pm
    ----
I also stopped by Camp Roberts on Tuesday. I saw this vehicle, often described as a "Bradley prototype," as well as an M7B2 Priest, M41 Walker Bulldog, M47 Patton, M48 Patton, M59, M114 and an OT-810 (or at least presumably not an original SdKfz 251). There's also a couple of M110s by a sign on the interstate...

I drove around a good bit of the post, seeing many old, falling apart, "temporary" WWII era barracks, but did not find the M3 Half-Track or T-34/85 previously identified...

But anyway, here is the XM723 T-BAT-II (TOW - Bushmaster armored turret - Two-man) prototype...

(fairly certain that erstwhile door/ramp is just a sheet metal cover)

Why this vehicle wound up at Camp Roberts I'm not sure...

Neil

Last edited by Neil_Baumgardner on Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Camp Roberts #1: XM723 T-BAT-II (Bradley) prototype Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:26 pm
    ----
Hi Neil,
Too bad we couldn't get you into the MVTF while you were here.

The M3 is stored in the building behind the XM723, etc. The T-34/85 belongs to a re-enactor group so that's probably why it wasn't there. However, I didn't see it there during my last visit in June '08 so they may have it stored somewhere else. The SdKfz 251(OT-810) also belongs to one of the re-enactor groups.

#3: Re: Camp Roberts #1: XM723 T-BAT-II (Bradley) prototype Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:05 am
    ----
Why this vehicle wound up at Camp Roberts I'm not sure...

Wonder if it was sitting at the FMC San Jose plant and they donated it?

Joe D

-> AFV News Discussion Board