Tank Engine Discussion on Tractor Forum.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tank Engine Discussion on Tractor Forum. Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:10 am
    ----
My interest are armor and old tractors, so I was amazed when I came upon this thread on one of the tractor forums:

Sherman Tank Engines

#2: Re: Tank Engine Discussion on Tractor Forum. Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:52 pm
    ----
I know that over here there was at least one plough pulling competition, where one of the entries was a converted Sherman.

#3: Re: Tank Engine Discussion on Tractor Forum. Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:00 pm
    ----
Trevor, I sure would have liked to have seen that. It appears ploughing contests are big in the farming communities there. I have been invited to spend time on the Welsh coast this year and plan on attending one of the matches.

#4: Re: Tank Engine Discussion on Tractor Forum. Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:09 pm
    ----
Yes, I don't know much about it myself - I was told about the tank by a farmer friend - but I have seen similar small events at local shows.

www.ploughmen.co.uk/british.htm

-> AFV News Discussion Board