an indiscrete picture
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: an indiscrete picture Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
    ----
After mating the male gimgerly tries to withdraw before the female bites his head off.

Rolling Eyes

Piney

#2: Re: an indiscrete picture Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:25 pm
    ----
This photo is of a very familiar incident. If this isn't the one I am thinking of, its sure close to a similiar 'training accident'.

Circa 1997 at Ft Hood Tx, a Battalion Commanders tank under 'direct fire' made an evasive rearward move, with closed hatches, and 'ran over' another tank which was attempting to relocate to provide overwatch & cover fire.

As a new arriving section NCOIC, I didn't see the scene, but was told the story while I was 'signing' for one of the tanks, which still had 'battle scars' from the accident.

ah,...the LIFE of a tanker.... Wink
Don

#3: Re: an indiscrete picture Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:36 pm
    ----
This one was a towing accident IIRC,

Using tow cables and no braking tank. You can see the "Bitch" plate still hanging that was used for a heat deflector. I guess no one told them the brakes don't work without engine power. Parking brakes won't either unless you turn on the AUX pump Shocked .

-> AFV News Discussion Board