Speaking of the M60
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Speaking of the M60 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:19 pm
    ----
Actually Aberdeen has been moving them around on base because of new construction. All the stuff that was in the Belair St yard (fenced and locked) is now in a parking lot not far from the warehouse unfenced. This includeds the M12 SPG, M67 flamethrower and a bunch of other stuff. Only problem is they have it parked real close together. And I've been told all the stuff parked in the fenced yard with active equipment (The T23 hulks, Ontos, M4A1 calliape, etc) all will be moved soon

I'm going to have to check on the M60. It used to be at the museum but was moved awhile back. Let me see if I can opin down where it is.

Did we get SN and or RNs off the M60A2 when Doug was up here a year or so back?

#17: Re: Speaking of the M60 Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:04 pm
    ----
Yes, you guys did,

I think Neil or Doug posted it, SN 4430. Let me know, I'm also very interested in the early M60A3.

#18: Re: Speaking of the M60 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:44 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Thanks Jim,

I am still waiting for a positive location on this tank from Jeff Button. Once he has a fixed location I will drive down to Texas and go over her with a fine tooth comb, sharing my results and images here. One way or another I'd like to put this mystery to bed.

Based on reports from Bob Smart and the moving of vehicles, I now have to bump up my plans for Aberdeen too. They have a three shock M60 hull (SN #7) that needs explaining. Very unusual since it should've been made with none and then upgraded to two. Much greater undertaking to install 3 per side. But being Aberdeen, nothing surprises me. Knox is another on my to do soon list with the clock running out. Got some oddities there too.

All these tanks have been sitting at their locations for decades and now they decide to play musical chairs.

I'm due to go back to the PRO sometime next month after my visit to Taiwan ( and a few coast defence turrets hopefully) so I'll check if anything else relevant has come out of the uncatalogued heaps...

#19: Re: Speaking of the M60 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:15 pm
    ----
- bsmart
Actually Aberdeen has been moving them around on base because of new construction. All the stuff that was in the Belair St yard (fenced and locked) is now in a parking lot not far from the warehouse unfenced. This includeds the M12 SPG, M67 flamethrower and a bunch of other stuff. Only problem is they have it parked real close together. And I've been told all the stuff parked in the fenced yard with active equipment (The T23 hulks, Ontos, M4A1 calliape, etc) all will be moved soon

I'll definitely have to get up there when the move the items from the active yard...

I'm going to have to check on the M60. It used to be at the museum but was moved awhile back. Let me see if I can opin down where it is.

Last I saw the M60A0 #7 was at the Susquehanna Ave & Boothby Hill Ave line of tanks in storage... I think this is it on the right?...

Neil

#20: Re: Speaking of the M60 Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:28 pm
    ----
I didn't get to the Boothby Hill lot last week and wasn't sure that was where they had put it but it was where I was hoping it was. I just want to make sure I know where it is when Joe comes east

#21: Re: Speaking of the M60 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:56 pm
    ----
Well, the M60A0 used to be over by the warehouse - and AFAIK everything that was there, with a few restored exceptions, are over at Susquehanna & Boothby Hill...

Neil

#22: Re: Speaking of the M60 Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:08 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
- Joe_D
Thanks Jim,

I am still waiting for a positive location on this tank from Jeff Button. Once he has a fixed location I will drive down to Texas and go over her with a fine tooth comb, sharing my results and images here. One way or another I'd like to put this mystery to bed.

Based on reports from Bob Smart and the moving of vehicles, I now have to bump up my plans for Aberdeen too. They have a three shock M60 hull (SN #7) that needs explaining. Very unusual since it should've been made with none and then upgraded to two. Much greater undertaking to install 3 per side. But being Aberdeen, nothing surprises me. Knox is another on my to do soon list with the clock running out. Got some oddities there too.

All these tanks have been sitting at their locations for decades and now they decide to play musical chairs.

I'm due to go back to the PRO sometime next month after my visit to Taiwan ( and a few coast defence turrets hopefully) so I'll check if anything else relevant has come out of the uncatalogued heaps...

JIJI
M24 TWN pre jul03

MODOU
Park
M41 TWN pre aug05

PULI
Park
M41 TWN pre oct05

TAICHUNG
Park
M24 TWN pre sep05

This is what I have of Tawainese preserved tanks.

regards,
Lesley

-> AFV News Discussion Board