Jagdpanzer 38T at Ordnance Museum
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Jagdpanzer 38T at Ordnance Museum Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:10 pm
    ----
Yellow Submarine camo, lol

#17: Re: Jagdpanzer 38T at Ordnance Museum Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:29 pm
    ----
I was up at Aberdeen yesterday and saw the Hetzer (in the warehouse) couldn't get any pictures but the color is as shocking as it appears in teh picture. There is a thought in the back of my mind that the paint job isn't complete. I womder if there was supposed to be more color applied, especially in the white areas that wasn't done for some reason (lack of paint and left on a to do list when it was decided the vehicle needed to be preped for shipment no matter what?)

Just a thought

Oh if you want to see the Aberdeen collection in the next few years make your plans for this summer. I believe it has been decided 'Since the artefacts are outside anyway they can be moved and stored at Ft Lee as well as Aberdeen until the building is finished'

#18: Re: Jagdpanzer 38T at Ordnance Museum Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:33 pm
    ----
Bob,

the Hetzer was open on a side (armor removed) and the interior visible for a while. It appears that the interior was also restored. Did you see if it was/seemed to be in good condition after the repainting?

P-O

#19: Re: Jagdpanzer 38T at Ordnance Museum Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:45 pm
    ----
I didn't get a chance to look real good. It has been repainted inside.

#20: Re: Jagdpanzer 38T at Ordnance Museum Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:19 pm
    ----
Today I was looking thru a reference 'book' and there was a 1950's color photo of an APG Hetzer (with aromer cut out on the side). It was painted with a very similiar paint scheme.

It very 'tacky' but perhaps actually authentic??

Don

#21: Re: Jagdpanzer 38T at Ordnance Museum Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:46 am
    ----
I just came across this guy's website with some decent pics of the Ordnance Museum collection - including some pics of the Hetzer restoration. They're the "before" pics - so not so pretty...

www.peachmountain.com/...etzer.aspx

Neil

#22: Re: Jagdpanzer 38T at Ordnance Museum Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:01 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Today I was looking thru a reference 'book' and there was a 1950's color photo of an APG Hetzer (with aromer cut out on the side). It was painted with a very similiar paint scheme.

It very 'tacky' but perhaps actually authentic??

Don

Don,

could you scan and publish the photo on the forum? I'm very curious to see what it looked like in the 1950s..

P-O

#23: Re: Jagdpanzer 38T at Ordnance Museum Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:32 am
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
I just came across this guy's website with some decent pics of the Ordnance Museum collection - including some pics of the Hetzer restoration. They're the "before" pics - so not so pretty...

www.peachmountain.com/...etzer.aspx

Neil

Thats a great link, thanks for sharing it.

At least its now being repaired and appreciated, and yes the buckets of rust is pretty shocking

-> AFV News Discussion Board