"M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now available
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now available Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:01 am
    ----
Newly available is the latest work by David Doyle, "M551 Sheridan In Action" - color series, from Squadron Signal Books USA. Link to where available (at very nice price of $11.66!) is here:

www.squadron.com/ItemD...tem=SS2041

..in addition, David informs me that he has a very limited supply of autographed copies available personally for $15, inclusive of shipping within the U.S. Post your interest here or I can forward contact info for you.

I've seen the content and can recommend it personally. Quite a few pictures I've never seen elsewhere, including a view of the XM551 equipped with the "spotter rifle" that was discussed here a while back.

(Roy, this vehicle might look familiar to you... Wink )

Disclosure: I have no financial involvement with this project, but did some minor contribution of material.

#2: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now available Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:52 am
    ----
Oooh,

autographed copies available

I want one!

#3: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now available Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:59 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Oooh,

autographed copies available

I want one!

Joe,

Noted. I believe I have your address, shall I forward to David?

D.

#4: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now available Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 am
    ----
Go Ahead.

#5: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now available Author: ddoyle PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:16 am
    ----
Doug,
Thanks for getting the word out, and especially thank you for your time checking and rechecking facts, plus the great photos. Most of all, thank you for your service.

Sincerely,
David Doyle

PS: Folks desiring to order from me directly can drop me a note at ddoyle9570 @ aol.com

Last edited by ddoyle on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:07 am; edited 2 times in total

#6: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now avail Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:39 am
    ----
Anybody e-mailing David note there is a space before and after the '@' in his address. It needs to be removed. If you copy & paste it won't work.

I'm buying me one!

#7: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now available Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:45 am
    ----
Placed my order just now

#8: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now available Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:06 am
    ----
- Joe_D
Placed my order just now

Well, I hope you PM'd David, as I'd already sent him your address for the autographed version (and a credit reference). If you wind up with two, it's because you don't trust me! Laughing

It doesn't have far to travel, either, as I understand it. Wink

#9: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now available Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:42 am
    ----
I'm sure it'll all work out

#10: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now avail Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:13 am
    ----
Does this one just cover Vietnam, or does it include use in Europe and elswhere?

#11: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now avail Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:37 am
    ----
- tanker2010
Does this one just cover Vietnam, or does it include use in Europe and elswhere?

Yep, Europe and "elsewhere" (like a brief shot in Panama) are included...Alaska, some M.E., plus development, too. Also some VISMOD's at NTC...a good cross-section of it's service history. There is considerable emphasis on VN, however, as you might expect, that being it's longest period of "in action", so to speak.

#12: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now avail Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:46 am
    ----
- MarkHolloway
Anybody e-mailing David note there is a space before and after the '@' in his address. It needs to be removed. If you copy & paste it won't work.

I'm buying me one!

Good point about the email, Mark. That keeps the spam 'bots from harvesting emails so readily. Thanks for the "heads up".

#13: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now avail Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:24 pm
    ----
I'm all over this one for sure!

#14: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now available Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:53 am
    ----
Okay, so besides the majority of colored photographs and the different author, is this book basically M551 Sherican in action (armor number 28) by Jim Mesko?
SR

#15: Re: "M551 Sheridan In Action"-color,by David Doyle now available Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:59 am
    ----
- SHAWN
Okay, so besides the majority of colored photographs and the different author, is this book basically M551 Sherican in action (armor number 28) by Jim Mesko?
SR

Shawn,
Format, yes. Content, I'd say no. And it isn't a majority of color photographs, it's exclusively color (if I'm not mistaken).

Jim Mesko is definitely among the "acknowledgements". IMO, this represents a niche not filled by the earlier work (which I have).

-> AFV News Discussion Board