Aberdeen elefant rebuild
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:34 am
    ----
As I am writing this the Military Channel is showing for the second time tonight the first episode of the new season of Tank Overhaul. the subject is the Aberdden Elefant. I just stumbled on it while channel surfing or I would have given a heads up here. Next Wednesday it will be a Centurian.
The format is a little different this season but sme irritants persist. They repeated try and compare the Elefant to an M 109, largely ignoring until near the end that they are for completely different jobs. And the fact checking still sucks, during one segment on tracks I was informed (And astonished to learn Laughing ) that the tracks for an M1 Abrams weigh 200 metric tons each Shocked must put quite a strain on that turbine Laughing

Piney

PS hope you caught it Bob Smart, saw a number of familar faces

#2: Re: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:54 am
    ----
- piney
As I am writing this the Military Channel is showing for the second time tonight the first episode of the new season of Tank Overhaul. the subject is the Aberdden Elefant. I just stumbled on it while channel surfing or I would have given a heads up here. Next Wednesday it will be a Centurian.
The format is a little different this season but sme irritants persist. They repeated try and compare the Elefant to an M 109, largely ignoring until near the end that they are for completely different jobs. And the fact checking still sucks, during one segment on tracks I was informed (And astonished to learn Laughing ) that the tracks for an M1 Abrams weigh 200 metric tons each Shocked must put quite a strain on that turbine Laughing

Piney

It could be worse, you rajun' cajun....the previous episode was on the Comet and they were talking about the worlds' only running Tiger while showing images of a PZ.IV (well, it was the same color, after all).

Nova, Malibu, Caprice, what difference does it make, right? They're all Chevy's. Rolling Eyes

#3: Re: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 am
    ----
- piney

Piney

I haven't seen it but it is (or should be) Queued up on the TIVO.
Sorry folks I heard baout this on Saturday but then was told it was pushed back a week then on Monday evening found out it was going to be this week

#4: Re: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:55 am
    ----
I watched part of this show this morning. The troubles they had with removing track pins is the same as is being experienced here with the recently arrived Panzer IV.

That rivot remover sure is a nice tool. Wish we could have access to tools like that.

I am interested in seeing the entire segment, looks pretty interesting.

Regards
Don

#5: Re: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:56 am
    ----
Hey Ascout, ya flying swine, Piney is no more a ragin cajun than I am a submarine commander in the Mongolian Navy! Wink Laughing

#6: Re: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:15 am
    ----
I watched it too and they use waaaay too much fill time going off topic referring to other vehicles ... even if they aren't related.

But hey, it was better than nothing. Razz

#7: Re: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:10 pm
    ----
- Dontos
I watched part of this show this morning. The troubles they had with removing track pins is the same as is being experienced here with the recently arrived Panzer IV.

That rivot remover sure is a nice tool. Wish we could have access to tools like that.

I am interested in seeing the entire segment, looks pretty interesting.

Regards
Don

Maybe you should have asked Aberdeen to refurb the Pz IV before they sent it to you Mr. Green

#8: Re: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:18 pm
    ----
I take it has a compliment to be called a cajun, but I'm happy here in the"Joisey", as Bob Smart would say, pines. That's probably why they don't let Ascout navigate over at JG300 Laughing

Piney

#9: Re: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:41 pm
    ----
- Tanklord
Hey Ascout, ya flying swine, Piney is no more a ragin cajun than I am a submarine commander in the Mongolian Navy! Wink Laughing

- piney
I take it has a compliment to be called a cajun, but I'm happy here in the"Joisey", as Bob Smart would say, pines. That's probably why they don't let Ascout navigate over at JG300 Laughing

Piney

So whats it like being a submarine commander in the Mongolian Navy TL?

#10: Re: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:35 pm
    ----
Okay,, Piney is now an "Honorary Cajun" and I am a "Brevet Captain" Laughing

To get back on subject, weren't those track single pin links? Seems a punch and a BFH should be able to seperate them.

BFH-Big F&^%ing Hammer!

#11: Re: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:01 pm
    ----
- JeffStringer
I watched it too and they use waaaay too much fill time going off topic referring to other vehicles ... even if they aren't related.

But hey, it was better than nothing. Razz

I blame it on the Private Reserve. Whatever happened to "What happens at the 'Sty, stays at the 'Sty."?

Well, at least that's one Cajun less than I (temporarily) thought we had. Wink

#12: Re: Aberdeen elefant rebuild Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:46 pm
    ----
FYI: I am of South Louisiana heritage. My Grandfather was born & raised in the swamps. He spoke french before he spoke english, soooo

I'm a pure-blood 'Coon-Ass' or Cajun.

Cool
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board