Richardson Motor Pool
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#31: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:46 am
    ----
Photo taken 30 Dec 09

Older image when stored in the LST building:

Regards
Don

#32: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:42 am
    ----
Didn't the Patton Museum have two M18 Hellcats.

#33: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:04 am
    ----
No only one M18

Regards
Don

#34: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:16 pm
    ----
Thanks Dontos.

I asked for the second Hellcat because in USA AFV Register there two Hellcats first in LST Building (to which I had photo) and second in Richardson Motor Pool Storage Facility.

Now only left the photo of: M20 Armored Utility Car. Have someone photo of it.

#35: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:34 am
    ----
Yeah, that's an error in 3.0. I think we discussed it some months ago - but it may have been lost in the Great Backup Catasrophe. Wink

Neil

#36: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:53 am
    ----
This is one of the better images I have of the M20 Armored Car during parade a couple of years ago.

Regards
Don

#37: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:49 am
    ----
Heres a few shots of the Sd Kfz 251/9 & the RSO

I took these photos on Wednesday.
Enjoy
Don

#38: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:43 pm
    ----
I just reeived this You Tube link of the Museums 251/9 engines 1st operational start up.

The 251/9 has been in restoration for sometime and soon will be final assembled as an operational vehicle. It hasn't run since arrival in 1949. A very big step!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfwelqExr8I

Enjoy
Don

#39: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:09 am
    ----
I'm looking for a photo of M32 TRV from Richardson Motor Pool Storage Facility.

#40: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:57 pm
    ----
The only M32 ARV that I am aware of is statically displayed in front of the Patton Museum.

This seems to be the only shot I have. I'm due to reshoot all the vehicles at Keyes Park and around the museum.

Regards
Don

#41: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 pm
    ----
I have already the photo svsm.org/gallery/m32a1b1 I wrote because in USA AFV Register V3.0 12 June 2008 is a M32 in Richardson Motor Pool.

Thanks and sorry for trouble.

#42: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:47 pm
    ----
Yeah, that must have come out of the draft V3.1.

The good news is based on the current rate of edits & reviews, I think it may be put out for release in a month or so...

Neil

#43: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:20 am
    ----
Here are a few vehicle walk around photos from todays visit to RMP......

The Ferret has been taken out of the conex and is being readied for the next convoy south......

Regards
Don

#44: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:23 pm
    ----
- Dontos

just wanted to confirm 1 thing :
the so-called T6 Sherman with Spigot Mortars is called a T11 in Wikipedia's Sherman variants article :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Sherman_variants

Mine Exploders / Mine Excavators - fitted with various mine exploding devices including plungers, rollers, mortars. Most of those remained experimental vehicles.
Mine Exploder T11 - 6 forward firing mortars to set off mines. Experimental.

The Mine Excavator T6 has a V-shaped plough device, it doesn't carry spigot mortars..
Could the M4A4 at Fort Knox be a T11 ??

P-O

#45: Re: Richardson Motor Pool Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:25 pm
    ----
- Dontos

The Ferret has been taken out of the conex and is being readied for the next convoy south......

Regards
Don

Don, can you post individual photos (instead of a collage) of these in your album?

Thanks,

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board