A shot from the depths of a Tiger
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: A shot from the depths of a Tiger Author: SHAWN PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:38 pm
    ----
retired!!? Don, aren't you what, like 41 yrs old or something???

#17: Re: A shot from the depths of a Tiger Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:08 pm
    ----
- SHAWN
retired!!? Don, aren't you what, like 41 yrs old or something???

If it matters, 49 in May, but with 21 years of 'Tanking' the body is a bit worn out, but the mind is still sharp.

You know, 'Tanking' is a young mans affair, so I figured by retiring, I'll make way for the 'Next Generation'.

I instead, will endeavor to preserve 'Tanking' History from the past & present, for the future. (Kinda 'cheesie' but it explains the method to my madness.)

Regards
Don

#18: Re: A shot from the depths of a Tiger Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:26 pm
    ----
- Dontos
the body is a bit worn out, but the mind is still sharp.

Don

The last point may be open for interpretation but I guess if you compare it to the other treadheads around here Mr. Green

#19: Re: A shot from the depths of a Tiger Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:56 pm
    ----
Hey,

I iz still purty comtent

(As spit dribbles from the corner of my mouth) Laughing

I am also younger than Don too Mr. Green

#20: Re: A shot from the depths of a Tiger Author: Byrden PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:42 pm
    ----
Don, has your Tiger II got this lever on the wall to the driver's left?

If so, could you tell me how the cable connects to the lever? I've never seen the rear side of this thing.

David

#21: Re: A shot from the depths of a Tiger Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:07 pm
    ----
David

I looked thru some of my photos but didn't take any of that lever.

Here is th best that I have. The lever can be seen on the left side. Not sure how it is attached or where it goes.

Don

#22: Re: A shot from the depths of a Tiger Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:00 am
    ----
David,

Did the Tiger have a hull drain? That tube looks a lot like a pushrod tube, the way it curves down to the rear. That puts me in mind of a drain opener or something similar. The throw of the handle looks to be somewhat limited, which would fit with a drain or some sort of valve actuator.

No really an answer, but maybe speculating will lead someone to put the pieces together...

Chuck

#23: Re: A shot from the depths of a Tiger Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:28 am
    ----
Chuck

You've got a point. Truthfully, I hadn't even thought about it, but it makes sense.

Thanks
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board