Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:05 am
    ----
I came across this M60 - A3? - at the West Louisiana Veterans Memorial and Park in Sabine, Louisiana (thanks to google maps)...

Neil

#2: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:33 am
    ----
Uuughhh,

That's the Many LA M60A1, looks like a bunch of drunk Coon-asses painted her on a Friday night Laughing

Better days

Dontos, any of your Kin folk involved in this atrocity?

#3: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:59 am
    ----
Many huh? Nope, can't pin that on any of my 'kin folk'.

Don

#4: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: TanklordLocation: Louisiana PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:07 pm
    ----
There were no Cajuns involved in the painting of that 60. Maybe some "Redbones", but no Cajuns! Wonder what mushroom they ate? Rolling Eyes

#5: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:18 pm
    ----
Well I can attest no one from my side did it either,

Besides, they are all transplants from Arkansas (except those who married into the family locally) and are just south of the State line into Louisiana.

#6: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:39 pm
    ----
- Joe_D

and are just south of the State line into Louisiana.

Damn Yankees!!

Don

#7: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:48 pm
    ----
Coming from the man who lives up north in Kentucky a stones throw from being a Hoosier Rolling Eyes

#8: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:44 pm
    ----
We demand some respect for Dontos (Well at least a little) His Great Grandpappy was a New Market Cadet at VMI. (Everyone removes their hat and stands at attention in respect). That makes him a desendent of the only Corps of Cadets to fight in a battle AND WIN so lets not question his Southern Heritage too much

#9: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:00 pm
    ----
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let's don't drag us Hoosiers into this hissy fight.

#10: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:38 pm
    ----
No problem Jeff. I've got no ill will against Indiana. (Even though my ex-wife is from the 'Hoosier' State)

I am sorry for initiating this WAY OFF TOPIC discussion. Rolling Eyes

'CEASE FIRE, Driver back up...!! LOW SKY, LOW SKY!!" (Armor related content). Cool

Don

#11: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:57 pm
    ----
Oh heck, if it's an ex-wife let's FIRE AT WILL!!!! Mr. Green

(I have one of those too) Laughing

#12: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:32 am
    ----
You know I just figured where I've seen that tank before. It's the full size version of a Micro Machine!!!! Laughing

#13: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:36 am
    ----
That's probably their only reference material they had available!!!! Laughing

#14: Re: Winner? Most garish M60 tank prize? Author: JaredLocation: Wherever the army sends me PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:07 am
    ----
Reminds me of a story Dads always telling anyone who will listen. Back when he first started the web site he used to put JED right in the middle of any images he had. He went to a model exhibition once and there he found a rather nice model of a Chieftain with JED (same font & colour) emblazoned across the lower glacis plate. When he asked the model-maker the reason for this he was told it was the way they named their vehicles in that unit...

-> AFV News Discussion Board