Contemporary art ?????
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Contemporary art ????? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:01 pm
    ----
Here is an installation created by David Cerny and that was put on display in Prague (CZ) :

Such a shame that it was a T-34/85...

Pierre-Olivier

#2: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: A2_Prius PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:19 pm
    ----
Reminds me of the T34/85 in England that was painted "Pepto Bismol pink" a while back! I imagine the white stripe on the Prague installation is a reminder of the marking that invading Warsaw Pact armor sported in August '68.

#3: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:44 pm
    ----
Yeah, and my wife STILL wants me to paint up a 1/16th T34 all pink for her. Shocked

Ha ha ... no way. Twisted Evil

#4: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: tanker2010Location: Kansas City, Mo. PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:52 am
    ----
Have those Code Pink morons gone worldwide?

#5: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:50 pm
    ----
Those are unusual fittings though - maybe for a dozer, bridgelayer, mineplough, something like that?

#6: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:39 am
    ----
Trevor

It seems that those brackets are on the rear. In my mind, that would tend to omit a dozer or mineplough fittings.

Perhaps a Bridgelayer or something requiring rear support/mounting brackets.

JMHO
Don

#7: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:50 am
    ----
Its the back end of an SKP-5 crane version I think.

#8: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: boeman PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:56 am
    ----
Kids these days...

#9: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: palic PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:40 am
    ----
That piece of ... "art" ... was VT-34 originally, no doubt... The author of this installation is the same "artist" who created Entropa for EU HQ building.

Jeff: tell your wife this "artist" is neither very popular, nor very clever. When he was painting IS-2 (sitting on top of pretty high cube shaped pedestal) in Prague, he was sitting on the barrel and painting it and moving his butt forward and painting the barrel again till the certain moment all the barrel was painted pink and that clever guy was ... sitting on the very muzzle brake. Wink

#10: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:23 pm
    ----
I agree it's some kind of recovery vehicle, I hadn't thought of that. Here's a CW-34 (VT-34) with very similar fittings:

preservedtanks.com/Det...hotoID=425

#11: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: palic PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:16 pm
    ----
Trevor, you are dead right, both CW-34 and VT-34 are recovery variants of T-34, CW-34 was designed and produced in Poland and VT-34 was designed and produced in former Czechoslovakia. It is possible to say they are look-a-like vehicles. I say VT-34 was used for that "art" because I can not imagine Cerny would buy CW-34 in Poland to import that to the Czech Republic, hope you can understand.

#12: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:23 pm
    ----
No, I'm sure you're right it's a VT-34 - I just happen to have pictures of a CW-34 and no pictures of a VT-34 to hand, and I understand they are nearly identical.

#13: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:52 pm
    ----
- palic
Trevor, you are dead right, both CW-34 and VT-34 are recovery variants of T-34, CW-34 was designed and produced in Poland and VT-34 was designed and produced in former Czechoslovakia. It is possible to say they are look-a-like vehicles. I say VT-34 was used for that "art" because I can not imagine Cerny would buy CW-34 in Poland to import that to the Czech Republic, hope you can understand.

I guess they were both produced after the world war two..

P-O

#14: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: palic PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:58 am
    ----
Definitely these are post war vehicles... By the way P-O, can you imagine any development and production of T-34/85 based vehicle in former Czechoslovakia during WW2? I mean during war when Czechoslovakia was under Nazi occupation? Wink

#15: Re: Contemporary art ????? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:58 pm
    ----
Neutral no comments..
sometimes I say/write idiots things, sorry for that.

P-O

-> AFV News Discussion Board