Tank on a pedestal
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tank on a pedestal Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:50 pm
    ----

tiny.cc/0zXZ9

#2: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:03 pm
    ----
Geez!!

NOW THAT is what I call 'super-elevation'.

Don

#3: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:33 pm
    ----
that makes the tank cleaning/maintenance/repainting much much easier !!

P-O

#4: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:40 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Geez!!

NOW THAT is what I call 'super-elevation'.

Don
LOL!

#5: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:55 pm
    ----
"Please do not climb on the exhibits."

#6: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:51 am
    ----
The Tank Commander pondered his latest position, remembering how his Platoon Commander berated his past failure to properly cover his flanking elements advance.

Confidently he muttered to himself...."I now have the best 'OVERWATCH POSITION' in all of Mother Russia!!"

"Alpha SET,......Bravo MOVE !!!"

Cool
Don

#7: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:34 am
    ----
Here's what the place looks like today. Shenyang (China) Railway Station in the background, in case you guys want to go get some pics. Wink

JoeD, if you decide to accept this mission, be sure to pack an extension for the camera pole! Shocked

#8: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:18 am
    ----
I love all those "monuments" like that.

#9: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:35 am
    ----
Like the ship in the bottle Shocked , just how did they get it up there Laughing

#10: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:12 am
    ----
I don't think it's a real one, the scale looks wrong.

#11: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: Dennis_Smith PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:17 pm
    ----
It looks out of proportion to me too, Rikard. I've been looking for pictures of T-34-85s in similar angle to compare.

This one caught my eye, and I thought you guys might find it interesting. A T-34-85 that had the bridge blown out from under it by a fighter jet. Suwon Korea

#12: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:37 pm
    ----
Dennis

That 2nd photo is reversed. Seems to me I've seen it before (somewhere).

As for the statue, it looks to be a statue. The hull angles are abit out of whack and the turret is out of proportion. Also it doesn't show 'weathering' of a steel structure.

I'm guessing some sort of concrete or carved rock sculpture.

Don

#13: Re: Tank on a pedestal Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:56 pm
    ----
So who's going to go up there and check for a serial number?

-> AFV News Discussion Board