g3d.dll error report
-> Software

#1: g3d.dll error report Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:03 pm
    ----
Looking for some help. I have installed the Com-Central Bush Flight scenery package and when I try flying the beta program I get the g3d.dll error report and MS shuts down FS9. I am running Windows XP and have done lots of reading from google about g3d.dll but nothing seems to fit. I reinstalled the scenery package and tried it but the same thing happens. The screen freezes then I get the error report and shut down. It is in the area of GB84 airport. The other legs have flown with no problem. It locks up in that same area each time.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Sad

Thanks

#2: Re: g3d.dll error report Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:32 am
    ----
It sounds like a conflict in the scenery(s) installed Buddy. Try downloading a fresh copy and installing again. If that doesn't work,I would suspect a prior installed scenery file 'mucking' up the works. If you don't know or can't find the offending file, you may have to move your current FS9 install to a new directory and do a fresh install of FS9 and the new scenery and see how that works. You can always import your moved files back in (IE Planes, effects, etc). Don't forget to include the 9.1 update... Wink

#3: Re: g3d.dll error report Author: lazyeight PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:03 pm
    ----
Thanks for the info Bush. I have removed Glacier Bay scenery Va and Vb and flew the same heading out of CFA4 and did not crash. So I reinstalled Glacier Bay and CC Bush scenery and tried again. It lasted a little longer before freezing but still froze. I moved sliders back to the left and eliminated the AI planes. Still freeze. I will keep trying or maybe just fly and not do that leg to see if anything else freezes up.
Area that freezes is N60 7.92 W135 3.71 alt about 6100 ft.
Thanks

#4: Re: g3d.dll error report Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:10 am
    ----
Hey Lazyeight try downloading and installing the latest version of directx which was released march 23 2009...your problem sounds to me like an incompatibility with direct 3d..the link is here...latest directX

Hope this helps..

-> Software