CD-Rom, and Burner not working
-> Hardware

#1: CD-Rom, and Burner not working Author: 251_Senyu_IJNLocation: Xenia,Ohio PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:12 am
    ----
S! Guys,
I've been at this for some time trying to figure out why all of a sudden neither my burner nor my cdrom will pick up anything. They will not pickup a disk inserted nor will the burner be detected. I can get the MFG of these for ya if need be but i cannot find the drivers for these to update them and the device mgr says everything is working properly?

Any ideas?

Senyu

#2: Re: CD-Rom, and Burner not working Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:25 am
    ----
Rolling Eyes

Hi Senyu,

Not an expert here but as far as I know, I would suggest the following:

a. go to your hardware cfg and delete the burner,
b. make shure to un-install all related software for the burner/CD-rom drive
c. also make shure that all referrences to the device are cleared from your registry
d. restart windows and it will tell you it has found a new device
e. re-install the software that came with the CD-rom/burner drive
f. restart windows again and you should be set

Again, maybe others have better ideas, but this is as to my knowledge the way to go

keep us posted as to the developments

fled

#3: Re: CD-Rom, and Burner not working Author: CrashEd PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:50 am
    ----
In the divice manger try the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller and make sure the primary IDE and secondary IDE are showing if not you will have to reinstall your motherboard drivers. This is more comon for AMD with Nforce2, but its a good place to start on all computers.

Hope that helps

#4: Re: CD-Rom, and Burner not working Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:36 am
    ----
Funny you should mention that...

Just recently my dvd/cd rewriter started to refuse to read balnk dvd's prior to burning, it would read and burn CD's and read DVD's OK but was very tempremental with recordable DVD's

I downloaded a firmware up date for the drive and it's back to nornal now.

#5: Re: CD-Rom, and Burner not working Author: Vlad PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:53 pm
    ----
To add to Fled's suggestion, before you reinstall, this works for me quite often. Open the case and remove the device. Restart Windows with the drive removed, log totaly in then shutdown. This will give WIndows the chance to fully create a print without the device. After power down reinstall the drive. Then power up, Windows should locate it on its own, then install all your drivers and 3rd party software. This should cure the problem of the driver dissapearing. Holler if you have anymore troubles you can find me at pg_vlad @ hotmail.com on MSN.

-> Hardware