Posted in error Please delete
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Posted in error Please delete Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:16 am
    ----

Last edited by west-front on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:33 am
    ----
Very rare tanks,

Would be nice to know of their disposition.

#3: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:09 am
    ----
The bottom pic looks to be in a museum setting. Any idea which, and do they still have it?

C

#4: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:03 am
    ----

Last edited by west-front on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

#5: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:28 pm
    ----
You know, people criticized the US doctrine dealing with the use of the Sherman. But exactly what were the Japanese thinking they were going to go up against?

It's a cool looking tank AFTER the fact, but I would have never had climbed into it for battle. Smile

#6: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:21 pm
    ----
- JeffStringer
You know, people criticized the US doctrine dealing with the use of the Sherman. But exactly what were the Japanese thinking they were going to go up against?

Civilians from unenlightened masses in area nations who needed prodding to cooperate in the whole "Greater East Asia Co-properity Sphere" vision.

#7: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:50 pm
    ----
I never finished putting my Preserved Japanese Tanks book online, but you can see how far I got here (a private link):

preservedtanks.com/Typ...p;Select=1

The history of this particular tank is featured here (at the bottom of the page):

preservedtanks.com/Typ...p;Select=1

I didn't know about the auction, west-front, so thanks for that information. I've done some Googling and it looks like it is now at the Australian War Memorial:

www.pacificwrecks.com/...annex.html

- so it seems like it ended up in good hands.

#8: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:14 pm
    ----
Although not complete, here is the 'new' display within the Patton Museum with the Type 95.

This display is now located in the same room as the WWII display area.

Don

#9: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 pm
    ----
Nice pics, Dontos - could I add them to that Ha-Go web page (with credit, of course)?

#10: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:01 am
    ----
Sure, no problem.

Once the entire display is finished, I'll post more.

There is significant display work ongoing for the 'inter-war' period ( ie 1920-30's) and the early 40's Pacific Theater.

more as it is completed.

#11: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:05 am
    ----

Last edited by west-front on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 am
    ----
The Japanese tank subject brings to mind a photo I saw of two such vehicles being 'recovered' in Fallon Nevada back in the 70's or 80's, I believe.

I'll have to see if I can dig up that photo

Don

#13: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:29 pm
    ----
Found it.

There is no date, but the caption stated "Recovered in Fallon Nevada. The tracks were removed for recovery."

Wonder where these two ended up?
Don

#14: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:44 pm
    ----
Don,

I believe those two ended up in Clackamas Oregon, Camp Withycombe.

#15: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:51 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Don,

I believe those two ended up in Clackamas Oregon, Camp Withycombe.

Yep. IIRC, the best of the two was restored using the other as a donor vehicle. The restored one is currently a runner. I believe Steve Greenberg was one of the project leaders. He frequently posts on the G503 boards.

-> AFV News Discussion Board