Posted in error Please delete
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:18 pm
    ----
- west-front
At one stage it was on display at the Melbourne Tank Museum, but I am unsure of its present location.

www.mheaust.com.au/Aus...btkmus.htm

no, this tank is located at the Australian War Memorial museum, and was acquired from the Melbourne Tank Museum. That's why it was not part of the auction..

P-O

#17: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:26 pm
    ----
- Dontos
Sure, no problem.

Once the entire display is finished, I'll post more.

Great, thanks!

- west-front

Thank you for answering where it went.

There was a Type 97 Te-Ke which was owned by an Australian collector Ken Hughes which sold I believe to the UK about 1996/1997.

I also might be able to help with the disposition of a few of the AFV's from the 2006 Auction, as I know the current owner of the Matilda Frog and one of the M3 Grants, if that helps with your database ?

Cheers

Cam

I think you may be thinking of the Type 94 TK, number #4 in the database:

preservedtanks.com/Typ...p;Select=1

While I'm not actively tracking Japanese tanks right at the moment, I believe it was bought by Kevin Wheatcroft.

I would certainly be interested in any information (and photographs) you can provide on the other Melbourne vehicles. I did start a booklet on Preserved Tanks in Australia that you might find interesting (though it's completely unfinished).

- toadmanstankpictures
- Joe_D
Don,

I believe those two ended up in Clackamas Oregon, Camp Withycombe.

Yep. IIRC, the best of the two was restored using the other as a donor vehicle. The restored one is currently a runner. I believe Steve Greenberg was one of the project leaders. He frequently posts on the G503 boards.

Yes, those are the tanks #5 and #7 in the list, from a quick look at the buckling of the fender I'd say #5 is the same as your right hand one:

preservedtanks.com/Typ...p;Select=1

#18: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: west-frontLocation: Australia PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:23 pm
    ----
I would certainly be interested in any information (and photographs) you can provide on the other Melbourne vehicles.

Not a problem, have already posted the M113

www.com-central.net/in...0385#80385

#19: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 pm
    ----
Has anyone thought to look at Pierre-Oliver's Surviving Panzers website for a pretty complete list with photos of surviving Japanese Tanks. He has done a great job....

#20: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:41 pm
    ----
Wink thanks Roger. You will probably be emailed soon by a guy who is willing to create a DVD with walkarounds of Japanese surviving tanks.. let me know.

Pierre-Olivier

#21: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:37 pm
    ----
armyjunk2 - Pierre-Olivier's PDF is based on my original one, which I published online in 2001 (see his generous credit on the last page).

Nonetheless, that's not to take anything away from the great job he's done in finding a whole lot of new photo's to illustrate it and, more importantly, the work he's done to bring it up to date, to track the current locations of the vehicles in it, and to include new vehicles. I hope one day we can combine our work - but that's a conversation we must have another day. We have our own projects currently.

#22: Re: Type 95 Ha-Go Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:28 pm
    ----
Trevor is true, we didn't work together, but my work regarding the Japanese tanks is based on his PDF file, that allowed me to have less researches to do..

PO

-> AFV News Discussion Board